07-17-09 09:03 AM
27 12
tools
    Anyone else finding this problem?

Installed Youmail 0.96 from Blackberry Appworld and all went well. All features work correctly .... UNTIL you Reboot your phone!

Once there is a reboot, the application stops working, and does not display any Voicemail that is in your inbox...

Going back to 0.95.9
    06-20-09 11:11 AM
    How to revert?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 11:41 AM
    I tried it twice yesterday, then the same issue, at first you can set your Greetings and you can check all the Menu Options, but then it simply stops working and you can't even go to Greetings again, then even when I have Inbox messages it never pulls them.

So I just got tired and re-installed 0.95.9 from a backup I had at my office, then when I got homw, I just tried it again, just in case, the same, so I was without any working backup (my DM on this PC is not working properly) so I just googled for YouMail 0.95.9 OTA and it got me direct to one, install it and it's working just as usual, so do the same and look for the previous version OTA.

Won't even try it again until I here that it's 100% working.
    06-20-09 08:33 PM
    I had prblems with .96 the day it was released but since that day it has worked fine. Even after reboot.

06-20-09 10:19 PM
    Sent a message to Youmail support detailing the problem... let's see what they have to say...
    06-21-09 11:45 AM
    I had the same problem. After upgrading I would get the email saying I had a new voicemail but even after manually telling youmail to check messages it would not download my new vm. I reverted to .95 and all went well, it even downloaded the voicemail the .96 would not download.

06-21-09 04:55 PM
    Yeah, .9.6 is a turd. No polling saves battery life but the vm never ends up in the app. Why have the app on your phone at that point? Plus, it took 6-10 minutes to DL my settings and just as long to UL when changed. I emailed their support too. Old one is still avail at m.youmail.com

06-21-09 05:16 PM
    I got rid of it. I kept getting switching between the YouMail and VyMail apps. VyMail is consistent...it works every time. I have no problems with it.

When I installed this latest YouMail version, I stopped getting notifications...nothing was downloading to my phone.
    06-22-09 11:08 AM
    I am having the same issues. No new messages show up.

I tested it when I first installed it, but now it doesn't work. I can't recall if there has been a reboot since the first test or not (but it is the Storm... so it's likely there has been a reboot).

I have tried many of the things the OP tried... Including throwing my phone against things... to no avail.

I sent a message to their support as well. Hopefully they fix the issues soon.
    06-23-09 06:27 PM
    it has been driving me crazy. i thought i did something with the settings. It is weird that if you download YouMail from the blackberry App store, you get version 0.96.0 but if you download it from YouMail's page OTA, you get 0.95.9... So i downloaded 0.95.9 form youmail's site and it is now working. i get my VM!!! 0.96 is messed up
    06-27-09 09:01 PM
    Youmail was a great idea but totally blew for me on 3 different OSs. I finally just deleted the darned thing.
    06-27-09 10:10 PM
    I got a reply from them pertaining to these issues. They said there is a new version in the works that will be released on app world in a few days.

06-28-09 11:16 AM
    where can i get 9.5
    06-29-09 04:30 PM
    where can i get 9.5
    It is still available at m.youmail.com
    06-29-09 04:32 PM
    It is still available at m.youmail.com
    still cant get my vmails or trans ugh man im payin for nothing
    06-29-09 04:46 PM
    Yeah I played with if for a day before I chucked it for 9.5. Do they even test these things? This is not a random bug, seems like everyone is having the same issue. Check the reviews on appworld. It worked for me just once, after that, nothing.
    06-29-09 04:46 PM
    Yeah I played with if for a day before I chucked it for 9.5. Do they even test these things? This is not a random bug, seems like everyone is having the same issue. Check the reviews on appworld. It worked for me just once, after that, nothing.
    they have 9.59 and i am not getting nothing in my inbox
    06-29-09 04:47 PM
    got a email today that said youmail had been fixed and to go to bb app world for download, went to app world and it shows 9.59 ,had issues with last 9.60 so i deleted . good thing i had 9.59 saved on computer and it works great
    06-29-09 07:03 PM
    So i think i figured a way around this.
    I had the same problem as everybody else had, the Youmail 9.60 just stopped connecting with the server and would not download my messages to my phone.
    I reinstalled my app and was working for a short while and then it broke again.

The third time i reinstalled the app and left the message that i had during the installation and never deleted it. I have deleted the new messages that i have been receiving but just leaving one in there at all times. I have been doing this for a while and the app has been working well since.

Without the app it makes the service almost pointless so i hope this works for the rest of you.
    06-29-09 11:07 PM
    I'm getting "PIN no longer valid" message. I created my account online and downloaded the app, and was able to log in from my bb and upload my contacts. Then I got my first vm notification and after listening to it through the app on my bb I'm now getting "PIN no longer valid" message even though I can log into my account with the same PIN from the website.
    06-29-09 11:42 PM
    I have .96 and I get this error message after I put in my pin: "Connection error. Try agian later."

Any ideas?
    07-02-09 12:32 PM
    Maybe they fixed it because I installed it a couple of days ago after first uninstalling 0.9.59 and it works fine. I like that you can turn off polling now. I don't keep it open anyway but sometimes I forget to close it so that's nice.

I wish I could turn off the autoload whenever I reboot.

A minor bug: Installing it with my microSD in prevented me from changing the save location to the phone. I had to reinstall it with the microSD pulled out.
    07-09-09 05:15 AM
    Yea, I tried it again and the new version now works, I hear they fixed the bugs but did not change the version number, which does not make any sense because those who don't know will just think it's the same broken version. Anyway, all functions work for me now. No issues. Bold on .266
    07-09-09 04:14 PM
    I have .96 and I get this error message after I put in my pin: "Connection error. Try agian later."

Any ideas?
    Having exact same problem. On 8320 with TMobile -- had the exact same problem with previous versions as well.

I did see some adviceon blackberrycool.com under "Whatís wrong with YouMail?" -- this board won't let me post a direct link.

Anyone else?
    07-09-09 05:14 PM
    I was able to connect to YouMail through UMA but not on EDGE network with v.96. Previous versions I was able to connect using both.
    07-09-09 10:29 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD