Is this free? How does it work? Is it the same as the Visual VOice Mail that came on my Tour? Is the Visual Voice Mail that came with the Tour free? Sorry for all the questions I am new to the BB Tour and am trying to figure out how to use it correctly.
    07-22-09 07:39 AM
    Youmail is free altho they do have upgraded things you can pay for such as voice to text transcriptions. Check Enhanced Visual Voicemail For Cell Phones | YouMail for more info. Yes it's similiar to visual voice mail except free. There are currently two clients for devices that I am aware of, the youmail client and vymail ( joekrill.com - VyMail - YouMail application for Blackberry devices ). I prefer vymail.

forkup
    07-22-09 05:03 PM
    I love you mail, it is great, very very easy to use, I love the greeting it gives callers when they reach your voicemail, and email and website integration is awesome as well. My favorite app so far on this Storm.
    07-22-09 05:10 PM
    Youmail is free altho they do have upgraded things you can pay for such as voice to text transcriptions. Check Enhanced Visual Voicemail For Cell Phones | YouMail for more info. Yes it's similiar to visual voice mail except free. There are currently two clients for devices that I am aware of, the youmail client and vymail ( joekrill.com - VyMail - YouMail application for Blackberry devices ). I prefer vymail.

forkup

I'm a bit confused. If vymail uses youmail to transmit the same data, then what's the difference?
    07-22-09 05:37 PM
    There's quite a bit of info on YouMail...numerous threads.

You can either use the YouMail app, or the VyMail app, to view your voicemail. Some (like me) prefer VyMail, because it works all the time, 24/7. The YouMail app can be glitchy...up to the point of not working, after a period of time...again, search the forums for feedback.

I'm currently using the YouMail app...only because there's a new version and I'm going to try it out...before deciding to keep it, or go back to VyMail.

For the best information (what it is, what it does, is it free, etc.) about YouMail, visit the site.
    07-22-09 05:46 PM
    I'm a bit confused. If vymail uses youmail to transmit the same data, then what's the difference?
    Vymail was created by joekrill.com
    They created a BlackBerry app that allowed you to download your voice messages from your YouMail account to the Vymail app on your BlackBerry.
    YouMail didn't have such an app at the time.
    YouMail finally created an app based on the same concept a few months ago.
    You now have the option to use the YouMail BlackBerry app to check your messages, or you can use the Vymail app created by Joekrill.com
    07-22-09 05:48 PM
    I have a problem with the youmail app, it tries to connect to a number and then I get the "welcome to verizonwireless" message saying the call can't be completed.. is there any way to change this?
    07-22-09 07:50 PM
    Did you create a YouMail account online?
    If so, from the YouMail application, go to Settings > Account
    Enter your # associated with your account, and your YouMail Pin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD