Hi, i have the BB curve 8300 by Vodafone and no i don't have internet. anyways i want to transfer a lot of memo pad files to my computer but how do i do it and also how can i read pdf or pother documents on the BB 8300. also it would be really cool if i can transfer my memo pad files to my computer.
    12-23-08 06:44 PM
    When you back the memo pad files up to the pc using desk top manager back up/restore advanced. They will be in .ipd format and unreadable. You need ABC ipd converter You can then change them to any format you like. Word PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, TXT, DOC, MDB, XLS, CSV, etc
    12-23-08 06:49 PM
    also how i can i read pdf or other doc formats in my blacberry?
    12-23-08 06:51 PM
    Docs2go, you can get it in the Crackberry store. The basic free one that comes with os 4.5 will read Doc and xml but not edit them
    12-23-08 06:55 PM
    The BB's Memo's are imported/exported into Outlook's NOTES application. So, if you have that, that's another way.
    12-23-08 07:03 PM
    thank you any free ones i can use? no money in paypal and i dont have a credit card.
    12-23-08 07:03 PM
    You could try BBNotepad instead of bb's memopad. It doesn't have a character limit, and notes are stored on your memory card in .txt format. Its free as well.
    Jrclen likes this.
    12-27-08 09:30 AM
    Copy the MemoPad note and paste it into an email and send it to yourself.
    12-27-08 09:32 AM
    I'm using Desktop Manager v5.0.1 with a Curve 8530. Where in the device memory are MemoPad files stored? I've looked through all the folders I can see in Desktop Mgr., but I can't find anything.
    10-12-10 03:11 AM
    i transfer using desktop manager and Yahoo sync.
    10-12-10 10:25 AM
    The easiest method is using magicberry, you can download it from Cnet, it�s free, it will read ipd files and you can extract the contents of it in txt or csv.
    11-05-11 03:45 PM
    I no longer have an account for my blackberry but I still needed the memos from it. I backed it up (the memos only, you can select what files you want to back up) on my PC with the Blackberry Desktop Software that I already had installed.
    After backing up, I found the .ipd file in the folder that I do my backups.
    I right-clicked it to open it, and my PC said that it didn't know what software to open it with.
    I chose Word from the list.
    I then got the memos all sandwiched together on a few pages in word.
    But, each memo had double-spaces in between, so I used the Replace function in Word and replaced each double-space with ^p, which is the hard return symbol.
    Voila, almost all my notes were unsandwiched and neatly spaced out.
    Might work for your needs...
    If your phone is deactivated and you can't email yourself the files, and you don't want to install new software, and you can't do the Outlook or Yahoo sync option.
    shihogiri likes this.
    07-20-12 03:35 PM
    I no longer have an account for my blackberry but I still needed the memos from it. I backed it up (the memos only, you can select what files you want to back up) on my PC with the Blackberry Desktop Software that I already had installed.
    After backing up, I found the .ipd file in the folder that I do my backups.
    I right-clicked it to open it, and my PC said that it didn't know what software to open it with.
    I chose Word from the list.
    I then got the memos all sandwiched together on a few pages in word.
    But, each memo had double-spaces in between, so I used the Replace function in Word and replaced each double-space with ^p, which is the hard return symbol.
    Voila, almost all my notes were unsandwiched and neatly spaced out.
    Might work for your needs...
    If your phone is deactivated and you can't email yourself the files, and you don't want to install new software, and you can't do the Outlook or Yahoo sync option.
    07-20-12 03:36 PM
    Just forward each memo pad log to your email one by one its alot safer trust me, also you can restore your info at anytime.
    05-05-13 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD