Just downloaded this app...just doing the trial now. It looks great...I like it way better than Weatherbug after just setting up a few locations and playing with it for a moment.

But my question is...does this app drain your battery as much as Weatherbug? Seemed like when I used weatherbug on my storm my battery was on E much sooner in the day than before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 02:36 AM
    Just downloaded this app...just doing the trial now. It looks great...I like it way better than Weatherbug after just setting up a few locations and playing with it for a moment.

But my question is...does this app drain your battery as much as Weatherbug? Seemed like when I used weatherbug on my storm my battery was on E much sooner in the day than before.

No it doesn't
    08-04-09 02:45 AM
    No drain here.

08-04-09 02:46 AM
    The only issue I have is the update doesnt always work...it fails about 50% of the time for me...Thats a big issue for me...
    08-04-09 02:51 AM
    The only issue I have is the update doesnt always work...it fails about 50% of the time for me...Thats a big issue for me...
    Yes mine does not update time to time. Is this a bug that they will fix or am I doing something wrong. I have it set by gps and the zip code and they both seem to fail to update more than I would like.

08-04-09 02:56 AM
    Report it to their support folks using the built in feedback menu item. The more who report things, the more chance of it getting looked at and fixed.

08-04-09 04:07 AM
    Did that thanks. Now it does not update at all after I sent in feed back. Hope they fix this soon.

08-04-09 06:44 AM
    According to other posters, their servers are down for everyone right now. Hopefully to put out a new update????
    08-04-09 07:10 AM
    Not for me but I get my weather then exit the app I do not keep it open...
    08-04-09 07:48 AM
    I had to take BerryWeather off my Tour because it drained my battery like crazy; the updates didn't work with autostand by; and the weather icon badge on the home page didn't update either. The program is beautiful but I'm too anal to have a half working application on my home screen so I took it off until the bugs are weaved out.

08-04-09 07:59 AM
    i run the program constantly, and it doesn't drain the battery.

I have three locations, one being GPS and they update every 30 minutes. occationally i get update failures, but not often

also, the severe weather notifications are pretty neat, got one yesterday while driving into a huge storm
    08-04-09 08:54 AM
    It does not drain the batter. Weatherbug was the absolute worst on my Tour, I had to remove it and buy BerryWeather. It's worth the 10 bucks...
    08-04-09 10:21 AM
    I have Weatherbug and I don't have any issue with it, or my battery
    08-04-09 10:23 AM
    Well......finally I found what works for me, purchased both.....when BBWeather gets difficult I just use WeatherBug, kind of like both so far. LOL
    08-04-09 10:33 AM
    Curve user here.

I've used BerryWeather for several months now and have noted no appreciable battery drain- I continue to get 3 or 4 days out of a battery charge whether I let it run in the background or not. It does use a bit of my native memory when running but nothing significant.

I have 5 locations set in mine. Occasionally it won't auto-update on one of the channels but if I manually hit update for that location from the menu, it seems to update that particular location just fine.
    08-04-09 10:42 AM
    I dont have too many issues with BeWeather. I really think it works well. It does on occasion fail to update but I'm on stand-by mode a lot. WeatherBug just doesn't get it for me. Not enough features, no "gloss". I did see there was a WeatherBug "elite" out now but no trial download feature.

I'm happy enough with BeWeather to have paid the 10$ for it. I think my wife did too for her Storm.

It's still the best there is in the pay category IMHO. I think I've tried them all.

Nice not to have a $39.00 subscription too. WeatherBug priced themselves out of my business.
    08-04-09 10:45 AM
    I have weatherbug. I have to say my battery goes pretty quick. I am going to get Berryweather here in a little while.
    08-04-09 11:05 AM
    using BerryWeather and no battery drain at all
    08-04-09 11:14 AM
    +999 for BerryWeather! i always have it running with 2 locations, auto update every 30 mins. its by far the best weather app for blackberrys, even if its kind of steep at $10.
    08-04-09 11:15 AM
    I noticed battery drain after installing berry weather for the first few days, but then I changed from using GPS update to just using the Zip code option, set to every 30 mins.. and now the battery life is great..

For me the GPS location update isn't very important so +1 for berry weather.
    08-04-09 11:42 AM
    do you like that app?
    08-04-09 11:43 AM
    Berryweather is definitely worth the money

08-04-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD