Check it - Rhapsody Labs

This officially makes my iPod obsolete. 10 million songs at the palm of your hand. Anyone use it yet? opinions?

My thoughts thus far (and I've only used it for an hour or so):

PROS:
    Audio is great!
    Access to all that music wherever you are!
    Easy to use interface, with pics and genres etc...
    Very quick audio load time

CONS:
    A bit slow in the menu - takes time to back up
    inability to skip to places like "Search" from the options list (forces you to go back all the way to get to search)
    doesn't seem as if all their music is available to stream just yet. Not sure if thats true.
    App feels rough, and a bit crude. but its a beta, it'll get there.
    10-13-10 08:21 PM
    I was a Rhapsody ToGo subscriber for years. Support for it was a requirement when I bought my Storm 9530. But operating system upgrades came out, it eventually became impossible to transfer subscription tracks to the phone. And Rhapsody support was useless to the point of being insultingly infuriating. So I learned to love, I mean really love, Pandora streaming music.

Now Rhapsody rolls our their long-awaited app. What am I to do? I can continue on with Pandora for $36/yr or jump back to Rhapsody at $144 and have more control over the playlists.

I'm torn whether I even want to bother with Rhapsody now. So much ill will. And Pandora has broadened my awareness of related artists to the ones I knew I liked.
    10-13-10 11:08 PM
    Am tired of having to pay. I won't get it
    10-13-10 11:10 PM
    It's cool for playing a song on demand and looks ok, but lacking in just about every other functional area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 11:55 PM
    Not supported here in the Netherlands.
    10-14-10 12:01 AM
    So this APplication needs some work then!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 05:34 AM
    Sounds like someone is happy.
    10-14-10 05:36 AM
    I am downloading. It's worth a shot for 7 days. Maybe I can discover some new music and then perhaps go elsewhere to buy.
    10-14-10 08:00 AM
    i have been a beta user when it first came out over a month or two ago. It has improved since its first release, but still has some issues.
    its great to listen to whatever I would want basically.
    The problems are that skipping from song to song can vary from a second to even a minute, you can't cache songs to the memory card, you can't add songs to your queue without playing them first, and the charts, and new releases lists, are limited to 25. Its pretty basic, shows the cover art, but lacking in features beyond just playing music. However, if you have an account with rhapsody, which I do, its a must have, for any blackberry, iphone, or android user.
    10-14-10 08:27 AM
    Comments so far:

I wish you had the option for FF or RR. Heck, there's a progress bar, why can't I select that. Oh well.

I think it takes a little too long to switch between menus and move around.

I like that it lets you continue to play something and search for something else.

Sound quality decent. Anyone know what bitrate they use? Doesn't sound like 128.....more like 256.

I like this, but so far I am not sure I would pay to continue.
    Last edited by jlb21; 10-14-10 at 08:36 AM.
    10-14-10 08:32 AM
    Awesome. I'm a rhapsody user, and have been transferring songs to my S2 for the time being. This is even better, finally.

It's obviously beta, right now, you can search, view your stored playlists, and play music. Bout it, not really pretty, but hey, it works.
    10-14-10 09:23 AM
    Does Rhapsody support DRM on the BlackBerry? In other words, can I transfer songs I downloaded to my Rhapsody library on my PC to my BlackBerry?
    10-14-10 11:59 AM
    Does Rhapsody support DRM on the BlackBerry? In other words, can I transfer songs I downloaded to my Rhapsody library on my PC to my BlackBerry?
    The Rhapsody to Go PC app can download songs as DRM'd WMA files that are encoded as 160kbps.

Yes, the storm supports sync of DRM'd WMA's, you just have to make sure the BB isn't in USB Mass Storage mode when doing it.
    10-14-10 04:21 PM
    Check it - Rhapsody Labs

This officially makes my iPod obsolete. 10 million songs at the palm of your hand. Anyone use it yet? opinions?

My thoughts thus far (and I've only used it for an hour or so):

PROS:
    Audio is great!
    Access to all that music wherever you are!
    Easy to use interface, with pics and genres etc...
    Very quick audio load time

CONS:
    A bit slow in the menu - takes time to back up
    inability to skip to places like "Search" from the options list (forces you to go back all the way to get to search)
    doesn't seem as if all their music is available to stream just yet. Not sure if thats true.
    App feels rough, and a bit crude. but its a beta, it'll get there.
    that sounds pretty much like the Pro/Con list for Rhapsody on Android.

As for the songs available to stream.. Those available to stream via PC and Android seem to match.

I'll have to try Rhapsody on my GF's storm2 at some point.
    10-14-10 04:23 PM
    Just downloaded and started to play with the beta. The interface isn't too bad. This is obviously a beta, as funtionality and options are limited.

The app did copy my playlists from my Rhapsody ToGo subscription list, but the tracks that I uploaded from old CDs and such are not available, nor can I download music (subscription content) to my BB and instead must stream the music.

On my wifi, the app responds well, but I don't know how it will respond via the 3g network. Will try that and post a follow up.

Overall, this looks like a good attempt for a work in progress. Hope to see more full features coming soon.
    10-14-10 08:23 PM
    Help me get this -

I'm a HUGE media and music user on my Torch. About 4000 songs on my 32Gb card, and I'm also a paying customer of Slacker. So I'm all about music.

What advantage does Rhapsody give over Slacker or just all my music I have?

I'm not a current Rhapsody user.

I cache about 7 stations to my SD card.

Am I missing something on Rhapsody? I'm more than open to being in the coolness but I need to know what it is and what I'm not getting.....
    10-15-10 09:16 PM
    Anyone has Rhapsody working on their Torch? I can't seem to open the app on mine.
    10-20-10 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD