Hi guys,

I have had my Bold 9700 for a couple of months now and I have noticed, in the top left hand corner, a small yellow phone with an arrow pointing right, that will not go away. It's not listed as an icon in the manual and I can't find anything about it on here.

It's not really that much of an irritant, but I wouldn't mind getting rid of it at some point!

My Bold runs on the OS V5.0.0.351 (Platform 5.1.0.98). I don't know if it's anything to do with the OS, I hope not because I am totally useless at updates/where to find them/which is best etc. I'm really a bit of a 'Berry novice.

Cheers guys!
    05-06-10 01:07 PM
    It looks like you have an OS update from your Service Provider..
    From your device go to menu-options-advanced options-wireless update-hit check for updates button...

Fatih Kurnaz
    (Trkiye,Trke,Yardım,Avea,Vodafone,Turkcell BlackBerry,Bis )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 01:13 PM
    It sounds like its the icon for a missed call..
    05-06-10 02:14 PM
    It sounds like its the icon for a missed call..
    yea thats exactly what it seems like
    05-06-10 09:09 PM
    No. The missed phone icon is yellow with a little cross next to it, I've got a right-pointing arrow. Plus the missed call icon goes away once you view the caller...Doesn't seem to be an OS update either, as it said no new updates were available :-(
    05-07-10 11:28 AM
    Sure it is not a little "4"? That would mean your CFW is invoked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 11:58 AM
    Why not post a screen shot image?
    05-07-10 02:06 PM
    I just resolved this same icon on my phone. It means your calls are being forwarded somewhere. Try dialing *720 send...That fixed mine.
    05-19-10 11:14 AM
    I dialled *720, it said it didn't recognise the number? What do youu mean by 'Send?'
    06-08-10 10:18 AM
    That symbol means your calls are being forwarded. "Send" means to click the green phone button. You should be good to go after doing that.
    06-08-10 11:37 AM
    This is a call forwarding icon. *720 did not work however *73 did with my network. *73 turns the call forwarding feature off and the icon disappeared.

Hope this helps !
    10-02-10 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD