I always just figure a new OS is around the corner (usually weekly) and i dont like spending the time jumping between too many versions in-between. Just a personal choice i suppose.
    04-01-09 12:45 PM
    I always just figure a new OS is around the corner (usually weekly) and i dont like spending the time jumping between too many versions in-between. Just a personal choice i suppose.
    Me too, but. . . . when I load the official onto my wife's Storm and if it's not better then I'm staying with this hybrid for good.
    04-01-09 12:51 PM
    I honestly just feel for users who aren't tech savvy and on this forum at least once a week. Those people just expect their phone to work well without having to tamper with it (like it should be), and they are going to be pleasantly upset when they are all the sudden out of memory and can't even buy an app they want.
    04-01-09 01:42 PM
    What is going to suck for average bb user is that the will have the same issue and have no clue how to free up space. Seems like something RIM will have to fix in order to progress this.
    Well, the ONLY REAL fix will be if they can alter the current OS so that Apps can be stored on the memory card. Will it ever happen? Probably not, or not soon enough. I realized a very sad thing today... I know it's April fools day and all, but how many people actually believed that "Storm Discontinued" thread this morning before they clicked on the jump and got the April Fools? I know they fooled me good! And that's because us Storm owners feel like RIM is taking waaaaay too long with any support for the device, so it was "believable" that they might discontinue it at a moments notice. It's just sad...but I still love my Storm.
    04-01-09 02:32 PM
    I'm no genius when it comes to the inner workings of an OS, but would it really be that hard to designate some memory card space to apps? sort of like windows does with virtual memory and a memory stick?
    04-01-09 03:36 PM
    Well, the ONLY REAL fix will be if they can alter the current OS so that Apps can be stored on the memory card. Will it ever happen? Probably not, or not soon enough. I realized a very sad thing today... I know it's April fools day and all, but how many people actually believed that "Storm Discontinued" thread this morning before they clicked on the jump and got the April Fools? I know they fooled me good! And that's because us Storm owners feel like RIM is taking waaaaay too long with any support for the device, so it was "believable" that they might discontinue it at a moments notice. It's just sad...but I still love my Storm.
    yeah - they got me too.

is it indeed impossible to save apps to the media card and still have them fully functional? theres an 8gb memory card just waiting to be filled with cool apps. is there no workaround?
    04-01-09 03:58 PM
    hey brockmant, what does disabling your event log do
    04-01-09 04:45 PM
    Hold the phone in landscape:

blackberry button < Show keyboard< hold symb lock< hit /"/"/ Yes that is 5 buttons. Blackberry button < clear log< delete < BBbutton< Options hilight first AccAcc or whatever it is< BBbutton< hide all types< you are finished.
    I hope this really works/doesn't have nay negative effects cuz I just did it lol
    04-01-09 08:13 PM
    hey brockmant, what does disabling your event log do
    All it does is keep your phone from actually 'writing down' everything it is doing. It still keeps an internal idea of what is going on but it just keeps it from 'physically' logging it. It will speed up your phone a bit.

Another tip and trick I use is:
    Go to options< security options, memory cleaning, Status enabled.

Yes it will slow down the lock and unlock process but I never use them because of my holster. This will clean memory and will constantly help UP your app memory throughout the day. Yes it won't go from 40 to 50 to 60 but instead you may see this: 40, 34, 36, 38, 33, 35 etc. HOWEVER, the first time you enable memory cleaning, when you lock it you will not be able to unlock if for maybe 30 seconds as it cleans it, for the FIRST TIME>
    04-01-09 08:35 PM
    Also, there may be one App that is causing an issue. I have 16 apps loaded and used through out the day and I still hover between 35-45 with no real loss.
    04-01-09 08:38 PM
    Also, there may be one App that is causing an issue. I have 16 apps loaded and used through out the day and I still hover between 35-45 with no real loss.
    Tell me this is not strange. I erased Blackberry Appcenter, downloaded App world, and my App memory has been holding A LOT higher all day.... Could BBappcenter have been the problem? maybeeeeeee
    04-01-09 08:40 PM
    Tell me this is not strange. I erased Blackberry Appcenter, downloaded App world, and my App memory has been holding A LOT higher all day.... Could BBappcenter have been the problem? maybeeeeeee
    ESPECIALLY . . if it was set to auto update!
    04-01-09 08:41 PM
    I had to delete app world cause it dropped me below 5mb too. I keep my memory running high its definitely a problem I'm sure more will have this issue soon. Also I haven't added one app since I got that I'm sure its app world after deleting I'm back up to my normal 30ish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 08:43 PM
    I had to delete app world cause it dropped me below 5mb too. I keep my memory running high its definitely a problem I'm sure more will have this issue soon. Also I haven't added one app since I got that I'm sure its app world after deleting I'm back up to my normal 30ish.

Have to disagree. I have had it all day and been using it for hours, never below 35. It may be that you have a hardware issue, an unstable OS if you have a leak, or App World is not playing with somethign else on your phone - but the app itself is not causing any issues or it would be more widespread across more than just the Storm.
    04-01-09 08:45 PM
    hmmm i'm going to try deleting the app center, it's completely useless anyways. Hopefully it helps with my memory too!
    04-02-09 11:21 AM
    I have about 91mb free according to the app world memory bar. Which Im wondering how long it will take to fill this up considering I have already used 256mb. Seems like I would have expected more.
    02-19-10 10:24 AM
    I have about 91mb free according to the app world memory bar. Which Im wondering how long it will take to fill this up considering I have already used 256mb. Seems like I would have expected more.
    you havent used 256....your OS takes a huge portion of the 256 right away. If you are at 90ish then you maybe have used 30-40 MBs for apps and such so far.
    02-19-10 10:40 AM
    I have apps that I absolutely need, and have like 7.4mb. I've deleted so many apps trying to get more memory, but can't. My phone isn't as useful as it could be. Can't wait to get an upgrade....

02-19-10 01:25 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD