I don't know if it's just me (hence my reason for making this thread) but my Yahoo! Mail suddenly stopped doing proper two-way sync recently.

Maybe a week or two ago, which was around the time that Gmail was supposedly able to do two-way sync (it doesn't), my Yahoo! Mail stopped working properly as well.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I have resent my service books to no avail. Running OS 4.6.

Also, if I delete and re-add the email account to my Blackberry account using the website, do all the emails on my phone associated with that account get erased?
    06-15-10 04:44 PM
    It's a Yahoo issue, not a RIM issue. It affects all carriers and all BlackBerry devices. No ETA for resolution. There are many threads on this subject.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-15-10 07:26 PM
    06-16-10 09:46 AM
    No problem. I couldn't easily search for the link, since I was posting from my BB yesterday. I actually spoke to a CSR about the issue last week.
    06-16-10 10:00 AM
    I'm starting to get pretty fed up with RIM's lack of attention to detail.

For a platform claiming to be the leader in email communication, I think it's actually becoming one of the worst while all its competitors fly by it with much superior support for a variety of email services... Unlike RIM who only really had Yahoo working previously, and now has managed to screw even that one up.

My days as a crackberry addict may soon be coming to an end if they don't shape up.
    06-16-10 03:07 PM
    So, xtremesniper exactly WHO is providing this superior support?

Unless I missed the memo, RIM is the only vendor that does anything but sell you a piece of hardware. Except possibly Microsoft, where even then it's obviously different parts of the company that provide cellphones, vs email support.

It's pretty easy to sell you a phone, with email integration builtin, and then disavow all responsibility if anything goes wrong. I can hear it now: Oh, must be your Exchange Server, or Email provider, ... phone works just fine.
    06-17-10 12:03 PM
    So, xtremesniper exactly WHO is providing this superior support?

Unless I missed the memo, RIM is the only vendor that does anything but sell you a piece of hardware. Except possibly Microsoft, where even then it's obviously different parts of the company that provide cellphones, vs email support.

It's pretty easy to sell you a phone, with email integration builtin, and then disavow all responsibility if anything goes wrong. I can hear it now: Oh, must be your Exchange Server, or Email provider, ... phone works just fine.
    RIM makes both the hardware and software. As does Apple. The iPhone is capable of true 2-way sync (push) for both Gmail and Yahoo, not one or the other or neither.

Microsoft doesn't even count as a phone vendor IMO until Windows Phone 7 comes out.
    06-17-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD