Mine just worked but it seems to be off and on..
    I need it to be back to 100% functional again!
    06-10-10 02:22 PM
    Off and on seems to be about it. Well, that's better than always off.

B B
    06-10-10 02:30 PM
    Just got off the phone with RIM - they're still working on it.

The T-Mobile cs rep tried to convince me that the syncing issue was normal, you have to manually delete your emails from the BB even if you deleted it from your desktop pc. He was very pleasant about it but you just have to insist it's a problem before they transfer you to RIM. RIM opened a case # for me and hopefully it will be resolved shortly.

In the mean time, I guess I just do as the T-Mobile rep said - delete manually!

Forgot to mention - it's doing the same thing with my Hotmail account.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 06-11-10 at 01:26 AM.
    06-11-10 01:21 AM
    Deleted some mail off the server. Checked. Still on BB. Showered. Checked. Still on BB. Blew dry my hair. Checked. Guess what? Still on BB.

To add to my techno angst, my Curve 8330 trackball is sticking. Thinking about the Bold. Anyone have any thoughts on updating to a higher Curve versus going Bold?
    I just upgraded from a Verizon Curve 8330 to a Verizon Bold 9650, and I LOVE IT! (other than the mail not working, of course :-( )

I'm having a separate issue with my Yahoo calendar (which got upgraded to the new Yahoo Calendar Beta - and won't let me go back) not syncing. That upgrade hosed my calendar, to-do list, and memopad (although my contacts still work - thank goodness!).
    I'm fighting with Yahoo to switch my calendar back, but in the meantime, I'm just using my gmail calendar, and syncing that OTA using Google Sync. It works nicely, but I'd rather have everything all in one place.
    06-11-10 10:09 AM
    I also have the same issue for a while now on my 8900 and my wife's 8320. Both on T-mobile. Hope RIM and Yahoo can come up with a solution. I wonder if it has anything to do with the new Yahoo Plus email that they've introduced.
    06-11-10 10:26 AM
    I just upgraded from a Verizon Curve 8330 to a Verizon Bold 9650, and I LOVE IT! (other than the mail not working, of course :-( )

I'm having a separate issue with my Yahoo calendar (which got upgraded to the new Yahoo Calendar Beta - and won't let me go back) not syncing. That upgrade hosed my calendar, to-do list, and memopad (although my contacts still work - thank goodness!).
    I'm fighting with Yahoo to switch my calendar back, but in the meantime, I'm just using my gmail calendar, and syncing that OTA using Google Sync. It works nicely, but I'd rather have everything all in one place.
    I have Verizon too! Have you noticed that the browsing is faster on the Bold than the Curve? That's my biggest BB complaint - slow browsing. But I don't browse too much on my BB, so it's not that big an impediment. Would just be nice if it was speedier.

Thanks for the tip on the new Yahoo Calendar Beta. Note to self: Avoid the upgrade.

Also, I deleted six emails from my desktop this morning, and one of them actually deleted from my BB. Not sure if this is progress or just a fluke. I keep testing it by deleting off the server. After about an hour, if it is still on my BB, I get irritated and just delete it from the device . . .
    06-11-10 02:16 PM
    All my many server deletes have been deleted from my blackberry. I cannot tell you just how quickly. Btw I am on BES not sure whether that matters. Things definitely much better now in RIM-Y land.
    B B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 02:48 PM
    Update: Deleted four emails from server at 11:50 am, and they actually deleted from BB@ 1:12 pm. I picked up my BB to put something in the calendar and actually saw them disappear. Yahoo!!

Keeping a log now. (And yes, I realize I've become rather obsessed over this whole annoying BB-Yahoo sync issue.)
    06-11-10 03:21 PM
    Interesting, the delay. The other way around is instantaneous. I'm often in front of my laptop when message board topic reply notifications come in (on aim, hotmail, and yahoo). I can see the emails come because my messengers are open, and I see the popups, but I always check and delete them from my bb. Then, I'll open the email accounts from the laptop, and the emails are already in the trash. I just wish there was a way I could configure the email accounts so the emails would be permanently deleted instead of ending up in the trash.
    06-11-10 03:48 PM
    Next time SBMama if you do your nails as well as blow dry your hair you will be all set! :-)
    B B

Last edited by BlazorBoy; 06-11-10 at 03:52 PM.
    06-11-10 03:48 PM
    Just tested; deleted an email on my phone, it instantly deleted it on the Yahoo server.

Have not test other direction yet.

B B
    The direction of mailbox deletion to device is the issue. Still not working.
    06-11-10 04:06 PM
    Just got off the phone with RIM - they're still working on it.

The T-Mobile cs rep tried to convince me that the syncing issue was normal, you have to manually delete your emails from the BB even if you deleted it from your desktop pc. He was very pleasant about it but you just have to insist it's a problem before they transfer you to RIM. RIM opened a case # for me and hopefully it will be resolved shortly.

In the mean time, I guess I just do as the T-Mobile rep said - delete manually!

Forgot to mention - it's doing the same thing with my Hotmail account.
    I wondering if this is similar to "something is broken or we changed it.....just tell them its normal and the problem will go away".

Wasn't there something similar to this with Hotmail a while ago? Not that I'm an apple fan, but this is the kind of crap that will get me switch the new one or some other device. The email sync of BB is what has kept me with them for so long. I know no technology is perfect, but WTF?
    06-11-10 04:15 PM
    The direction of mailbox deletion to device is the issue. Still not working.
    We all know that. Read the rest of the posts.
    B B

06-11-10 04:26 PM
    Next time SBMama if you do your nails as well as blow dry your hair you will be all set! :-)
    B B

Good one, Blazorboy. That really did make me LOL. Have a good weekend. Hopefully, we'll be all cured by Monday. (Although I think I have a regression: My server deletes from 1:15 are still on the BB at 2:44. Guess that leaves me time for a pedicure too!
    06-11-10 04:45 PM
    Glad I found this thread. I noticed it a while back but thought it was intermittent but now it seems to not work more often. Wonder if the BIS upgrade has caused problems.

Hmmm if bb can't get their emailing right then what's the point?

06-12-10 01:22 AM
    Further status update: Over the last day, I noticed that my server deletes are processed by my BB 2-3 hours after I actually delete from the Yahoo server. But, if I read yet do not delete from the server, they seem to stay unopened/unread on my BB indefinitely. Anyone else experiencing that?
    06-12-10 11:40 AM
    Same here Mama. Hope you are having fun.
    B B

06-12-10 03:02 PM
    I have a BB Tour via Sprint and Yahoo email and I'm having the same issue. My main issue is that when I open an email on my computer that same email shows as unopened on my BB Tour. I'm not too concerned about the delete working but want the email to show as open on my phone if I opened it on my computer.

I just started having this problem about a week ago - never before. I called Sprint and did the hour and a half tech drill with them to no avail. Took the phone to the Sprint store and had them do a hard reset including deleting Yahoo mail from my phone. I re-installed Yahoo mail on my phone but still have the same problem. HELP!
    Last edited by pjwmx; 06-12-10 at 10:31 PM.
    06-12-10 10:20 PM
    I have a BB Tour via Sprint and Yahoo email and I'm having the same issue. My main issue is that when I open an email on my computer that same email shows as unopened on my BB Tour. I'm not too concerned about the delete working but want the email to show as open on my phone if I opened it on my computer.

I just started having this problem about a week ago - never before. I called Sprint and did the hour and a half tech drill with them to no avail. Took the phone to the Sprint store and had them do a hard reset including deleting Yahoo mail from my phone. I re-installed Yahoo mail on my phone but still have the same problem. HELP!
    Same issue here with Bold 9700 on Sprint. It seems everyone has this problem.
    06-13-10 11:40 AM
    It is not a phone or carrier specific issue. It is a RIM/Yahoo issue and I think mostly a RIM issue for I think it might be impacting gmail as well if I have read some of the posts correctly.

I am glad the server deletes eventually show up on the phone; opened/unopened is not that important, I just like a cleaner inbox.

B B
    06-13-10 11:45 AM
    Update: I have noticed that my emails are deleting 2-3 hours later like everyone else.

It seems that having a new email come into my yahoo account clears out the older email that should have been deleted and somewhat forces a reconcile. This is interesting as it is how my imap account behaves.
    06-13-10 12:08 PM
    Update: I have noticed that my emails are deleting 2-3 hours later like everyone else.

It seems that having a new email come into my yahoo account clears out the older email that should have been deleted and somewhat forces a reconcile. This is interesting as it is how my imap account behaves.
    Interesting onservation, but I'm not sure it's a new mail goose that does the job. I'm sure they will get it fixed. B B

06-13-10 12:12 PM
    It is not a phone or carrier specific issue. It is a RIM/Yahoo issue and I think mostly a RIM issue for I think it might be impacting gmail as well if I have read some of the posts correctly.

I am glad the server deletes eventually show up on the phone; opened/unopened is not that important, I just like a cleaner inbox.

B B
    Re your gmail comment, BlazorBoy: I opened a gmail acct a few days ago, thinking I'd consider a switch if it synced properly with my BB. I loaded it onto my BB and was also having the same types of problems. It was even worse, actually, b/c when I deleted from BB it was not deleting from the gmail server. So it was a two-way problem really. Got frustrated and deleted the acct from my BB, thinking I'd ride it out with Yahoo a bit longer.

Technology can be so maddening sometimes! Maybe it's just because I'm a dinosaur when it comes to this kind of stuff. Or I just let it bug me too much. Probably both!
    06-13-10 03:00 PM
    Just relax and pay the tax. (Your second quarterly estimate is due Tuesday.)

06-13-10 07:11 PM
    Interesting onservation, but I'm not sure it's a new mail goose that does the job. I'm sure they will get it fixed. B B

Ive been testing this over the past few days and this is exactly what is happening. I can send myself a test email and it works every time.
    06-15-10 11:43 AM
154 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD