07-18-11 02:23 AM
154 123 ...
tools
    It seems as if yahoo mail is no longer syncing both ways. I have talked to several people who are seeing the same issues as me. When an email is read or deleted from the web it longer shows as read or deletes from the blackberry. I have tried to contact both yahoo and RIM regarding this with no luck.
    06-04-10 12:54 PM
    It is really annoying!
    I contacted Yahoo, RIM and Rogers. Yahoo and RIM said it should work both ways. Rogers told me to change the email setting, and put them back on again and try, or to delete the account and set it up again. Nothing worked.

any help would be really appreciated.

I do not know how Blackberry is the best email client with lack of 2-way sync and IMAP folders support on BIS!!
    06-04-10 01:17 PM
    I tried deleting the account, resending service books, etc. Nothing worked.

RIM blames, yahoo, yahoo blames verizon, etc. But if you are having the same problem using Rogers it is clearly an issue with RIM or Yahoo.
    06-04-10 01:20 PM
    Apparently it is not the carrier. I tried my yahoo, and other email accounts, on iphone and HTC and they work well both ways
    06-04-10 01:24 PM
    I have tmobile, and I just tested 2 of my yahoo accounts trying a couple different things and they both work flawlessly.

I read some new messages on my bb, then checked on my pc and it showed them as read and vice versa. I also deleted some off my bb and they were deleted in my account of my pc.
    06-04-10 01:32 PM
    Try deleting off the PC and see if they delete off the bb.
    06-04-10 02:14 PM
    It only works when deleting off the bb first. But I don't ever think it worked that way.
    06-04-10 02:35 PM
    Up until a few days ago it worked for me. Anytime I deleted an email on the PC it would delete from the bb.
    06-04-10 02:45 PM
    Hmm... Maybe your onto something here then... Its hard for me to remember in all the years of having bb's if this is true or not, but I'll def take your word for it. I use my phone for everything email and rarely have to use a pc for email.
    06-04-10 02:47 PM
    RIM and yahoo say it should work both ways. and as dgordo says, it used to work both ways.
    06-04-10 02:49 PM
    apparently it is a known issue with Yahoo and RIM and they are working on it. I found a discussion about it in Blackberryforums . com
    I am unable to post the link for low number of posts
    06-04-10 03:00 PM
    I didn't even know it was supposed to work both ways, so I'll have to try from the laptop, lol. For me, it's most important to be able to use my device to receive and then clean the email accounts.
    06-04-10 03:16 PM
    apparently it is a known issue with Yahoo and RIM and they are working on it. I found a discussion about it in Blackberryforums . com
    I am unable to post the link for low number of posts
    Sounds good, thanks.
    06-04-10 03:50 PM
    I just spent 25 minutes on the phone with RIM technical support. They are certainly aware of the issue but have no idea how to fix it.
    06-04-10 08:55 PM
    Bump.

My Yahoo mail isn't synching both ways either. I used to be able to read an email on my computer and it would automatically mark as read on my BB. Doesn't do that anymore.
    06-06-10 08:24 PM
    Nothing new here, still not working.

Its a shame, yahoo mail was better than gmail before because of the two way sync.
    06-07-10 10:19 AM
    I've been having the same problem 6/2, and it is driving me absolutely nuts. I have an open ticket with Blackberry, who report that they have received a lot of complaints on this issue from yahoo users. They say they are working with yahoo trying to get it resolved, but that they have no ETA on a resolution at this point. If anyone hears anything, please let me know!
    06-07-10 02:56 PM
    Nothing new here, still not working.

Its a shame, yahoo mail was better than gmail before because of the two way sync.
    Even without the syncing, it still is better than gmail
    06-07-10 03:00 PM
    i have a issue with yahoo mail too... had it for 3-4days :s
    06-07-10 03:08 PM
    Same issue here. Yahoo always synced both ways flawlessly until now. I have an 8530 on Verizon with Yahoo mail. I also have a BES corporate email on my phone and it works fine.

So much for the bullet proof email sync.....
    06-07-10 04:31 PM
    Yeah it hasn't been working for me since after the Memorial Day holiday. (that's when i noticed it)
    I'm using gmail now and it has the 2way sync working now, but the web-bb takes a while, the bb-web is very fast. While at work I am on the computer a lot so need to have the 2way sync. That is the only reason I was using yahoo.
    06-07-10 06:04 PM
    When it worked were you ever able to see and work with your yahoo folders on the bb email app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 07:06 AM
    No folders on the BB, just inbox. Deleted went to trash, and sent went to sent so everything was saved and I could pick right up where I left off when I got back to the computer. If i needed something from other folders I could use the BB browser, folders were normally nothing I needed while away from the computer.
    06-08-10 09:15 AM
    So, I'm trying to ride out this Yahoo-BB issue, but I'm not sure how patient I can be before I switch to another email account. For years now, I have used Yahoo web mail, calendar and contacts exclusively (no Outlook) and I have loved the sync functions with BB.

Does anyone know: If I switch over to a Gmail account, will I be able to sync my Gmail contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. with BB Desktop manager in the same easy and seamless way I have been doing with Yahoo? If anyone has input, I'd love to have that info before making the switch. I'm not all that BB - or techno - savvy. I just want easy and efficient. As it is, I'm spending far too much time on this stupid issue. Aargh . . .

Thanks!
    06-08-10 11:31 AM
    Gmail has the wireless sync for calendar and contacts, works much better than DM, no hooking it up to the computer and always up to date, one big improvement i've seen since i've switched.
    But don't use that and DM at the same time you use the google sync, you can get duplicate contacts. I would sync with DM for the last time (make sure your BB is up to date), then install the google sync and let it sync all your contacts to gmail. I don't use the calendar but it does sync calendar as well, I would assume you could do it the same way, the gmail calendar has an option to pick up birthdays from your contacts (I do use that part) if you have them in there, other events i'm not sure how they will sync, I assume anything in your BB will sync but previous events not in the BB may not.
    06-08-10 11:43 AM
154 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD