Does anyone have a Yahoo Mail alx file ?
    I can't do OTA as I only have a email/IM data plan and if I go online from my laptop to it's called Yahoo Go but I can't open the file when I send it to either my email or phone number on my bb without internet access on my bb
    Soooo if I could get an older version of Yahoo Mail alx file I can put it on my bb using DM and then it would work I think ?
    Anyone ??? Would be greatly appreciated
    10-28-09 08:32 AM
    If you can get or already have a .jad file of yahoo mail on you computer, download BBSak from rimgeeks.com. The newest version has an option to install .jad files (OTA file format) to your berry from your desktop. Bbsak is donate ware, so technically free but it's a dang handy little program for managing your berry and worth some coin for the developers even though others complain that rimgeeks stole their intellectual property, so do what your conscience guides you to do. Hope this helps and sorry I didn't have a link for the file you wanted...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 12:02 PM
    If you can get or already have a .jad file of yahoo mail on you computer, download BBSak from rimgeeks.com. The newest version has an option to install .jad files (OTA file format) to your berry from your desktop. Bbsak is donate ware, so technically free but it's a dang handy little program for managing your berry and worth some coin for the developers even though others complain that rimgeeks stole their intellectual property, so do what your conscience guides you to do. Hope this helps and sorry I didn't have a link for the file you wanted...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you for your reply...
    Unfortunelty I don't have the file.
    Maybe I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.
    I mean I have designated one of my email accounts on my bb for my yahoo email acct. so I can get my Yahoo email but I just thought there might be an actual app where i can see my Inbox and folders etc. and if my contacts are online or not....something like Yahoo messenger but for Yahoo mail.
    Thx again
    10-28-09 01:15 PM
    just to clarify, you can receive data in the form of email but you cannot use data in the form of browser? or is it that you don't mind paying for the small amounts of data to have your email pushed to your device but simply don't wish to incur large data charges for using the browser? i've done a bit of research for a solution for you and i'm afraid that all of the apps that you might use will incur considerable data usage, especially if they will be updating online contacts etc. however, i'm still looking...

UPDATE: after a google search with multiple variations in the string, the only links that i'm turning up to acquire the .jad files are sending me back to yahoo mobile where you must input your mobile number and send the link to your phone, i even tried to get the link on my phone then forward it to my computer and see if that would yield a link to the .jad but, alas, it did not. i'm stumped, sorry...
    Last edited by uvaj06; 10-28-09 at 01:43 PM.
    10-28-09 01:27 PM
    just to clarify, you can receive data in the form of email but you cannot use data in the form of browser? or is it that you don't mind paying for the small amounts of data to have your email pushed to your device but simply don't wish to incur large data charges for using the browser? i've done a bit of research for a solution for you and i'm afraid that all of the apps that you might use will incur considerable data usage, especially if they will be updating online contacts etc. however, i'm still looking...

UPDATE: after a google search with multiple variations in the string, the only links that i'm turning up to acquire the .jad files are sending me back to yahoo mobile where you must input your mobile number and send the link to your phone, i even tried to get the link on my phone then forward it to my computer and see if that would yield a link to the .jad but, alas, it did not. i'm stumped, sorry...
    I actually got the files and put Yahoo Go on my bb...but can not access it without a browser...snap !
    And yes I can receive emails on my bb...I can have up to 10 email accounts and I can use Yahoo Messenger/Windows Live/MSN Messenger, BBM or any messenger and it's all included in my data plan but there is a block on the browser because I'm cheap and don't want to go to the next level and double my monthly data plan portion on my bill...lol !

And that is why I thought maybe I could get an old version of Yahoo Mail when everything seemed to be alx files whereas today it's almost all OTA files.

You don't need to search anymore....You've already spent too much of your time and I do appreciate your time spent on this...Thx soooo much
    10-28-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD