Hello again BB fans, I'm into week three of my love affair and not looking back, why did it take me so long to adopt!

Ok, I use Yahoo messenger, it suits me fine, the only thing is it keeps making me available, even if I sign out later on I check I am back online. This annoys me as I have to leave my BB in a drawer some of the time at work because of where I have to go, and I'll come back to see someone tried to have a conversation with me. I don't want to get the reputation of someone always online but never there, I want to be available when I am available, no other times.

Could it be that my 8120 logs me on in the morning when it switches itself on at 6am (I use the auto on/off feature), or is it some other reason. All I know is I sign out and later on, possibly the next day, I see I am back available :-(

Any help would be appreciated,
    02-21-08 03:46 PM
    do you have the option of signing in as invisible? ...
    02-21-08 03:56 PM
    yes I could sign in as invisible I suppose, but the principle really is that when I sign out I should stay signed out! My BB seems to do its own thing, I turned wifi off the other day only to find it on again in the afternoon...
    02-21-08 04:03 PM
    Do you have auto sign on enabled?
    02-21-08 04:09 PM
    Do you have auto sign on enabled?
    Yes I did, have unselected it now, thanks (don't I feel stupid)...

I suppose I thought that if the app. was not being selected then it wouldn't sign in, but I guess when my BB wakes in the morning, the app. is effectively set into motion again and therefore signs in.
    02-21-08 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD