Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google

46 70.77%
  • Yahoo

18 27.69%
  • Other

1 1.54%
    Which mobile software and email do you prefer and why? Trying to decide, I currently have a foot in both camps
    02-23-09 11:14 PM
    i use google maps, no yahoo apps, but i did have one of my yahoo emails pushed to my bb for a while, and i loved that when i read it on my phone, it reflected on my online account. google doesn't do that. i'd have to download the app. which i can't be bothered to do...
    02-24-09 01:21 AM
    Google / Gmail

Its reliable, fast and easy to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 06:02 AM
    I've always been turned off to Yahoo. Their messenger has too many bots, their emails allow too much spam.

Google is nice and simple. GMail FTW!
    02-24-09 06:23 AM
    I've used Yahoo for many years and belong to numerous Yahoo groups. Because I am involved in creating Incredimail Stationary and tags; most of the Yahoo groups have always met my needs.

I have 7 Yahoo emails, one specifically for my BB, one for storage where I forward important emails and the rest for various groups. I also use Yahoo Messenger and find it very helpful.

My experience with Google is belonging to one group and really not liking the email set up with the conversations, can't see HTML and inability to use my tags unless attached and the general blank feel of Google. Yahoo rocks in my opinion.

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 02:36 PM
    Yahoo is far superior to Gmail currently if you have Yahoo Mail Plus! Cleared my gmail Spam last night (of over 1300 spams) and just checked it responding to this and have 95 spam already.

Instead of listing off points I will just say that I use both Yahoo and Gmail and Yahoo beats Gmail in every single point except one. The exception is that Gmail offers POP and you can only POP with Yahoo if you pay for Mail Plus!

I have paid the small anual fee for Plus for about 8 years and haven't had a single Spam, period, land on Yahoo.

Gmail should be embarrassed by it's inability to prevent even the most obvious of Spam.
    03-19-09 08:23 PM
    I've used yahoo messenger forever, but yahoo go is a horribly bugged program... half the time it won't even connect for me. I just put a weblink launch icon for yahoo mail when I make my themes. but I use Google all the time, their apps are awesome.
    03-19-09 10:05 PM
    I agree that the threaded gmail style is quite the annoyance when it comes to syncing...

03-19-09 10:08 PM
    I like Google search and Gmail better than Yahoo, I do have both a Gmail and Yahoo email account pushed to my device, Gmail is faster IMO, but i do have Yahoo IM and i like it, especially on my BB, nice features, BBM kinda needs an update now that i think about it...
    03-19-09 10:09 PM
    I use push for my gmail and sync for my google calendar. Tried the google app and thought it sucked. I have seen the yahoo one and i think it looks good, but I'm not switching from gmail...

Therefore, I could not vote
    03-19-09 10:09 PM
    I use the Google/Gmail combo.
    03-19-09 10:10 PM
    I'm a Google fan. But...I just can't get the sync to work with the calandar and contacts on my Storm. There were soooooo may duplicates that I just went back to the manual sync with Outlook
    03-19-09 10:16 PM
    I am a long time gmail user. I do have a yahoo address, but I only use it for youmail. I use gmail email, google calender, google sync, google talk and google maps. I have just started playing with igoogle for BB too. It is like having the google app without having to install anything.
    03-20-09 12:19 AM
    Google all the way!

03-20-09 05:43 AM
    am a Hardcore Google fan.............
    03-20-09 04:12 PM
    I've always been turned off to Yahoo. Their messenger has too many bots, their emails allow too much spam.

Google is nice and simple. GMail FTW!
    +1
    Google has a very good spam filter.
    03-20-09 04:58 PM
    Yahoo. Google for maps but YM on the BB rocks and the Yahoo app is good for email. I have several accounts at both and never did really get onto the google way. Don't like their privacy policies either, they know too much about us.
    03-20-09 11:55 PM
    google.

very seldom use yahoo for anything.
    03-21-09 01:05 AM
    I use Google Maps and Yahoo Messenger.
    08-13-09 11:04 AM
    Google rules them all. Gmail, Google maps, Google Sync, Google voice, youtube, google docs and the list goes on. Google and its services is integrated into most smartphones. Yahoo had it's day but no longer is on top.
    08-13-09 12:05 PM
    The only thing Google doesn't have is an IM feature. I only know one person who has a BB, so I need Yahoo messenger to IM most of my friends.
    08-13-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD