Dear Yahoo! Go user,

Yahoo! Go will be discontinued on January 12, 2010, at 12:00 a.m. PST, so that we may focus on simplifying and enhancing your future mobile Web experiences. After this date, you will no longer be able to use Yahoo! Go 2.0 or 3.0 from your mobile phone.

We encourage you to visit the new mobile homepage from your mobile browser to access an even richer, more personalized Yahoo! experience.

We appreciate your support and thank you for using Yahoo! Mobile services.

For more information and customer support, please visit the help center Close of support from your PC.

The Yahoo! Mobile team
    11-18-09 02:56 PM
    the app was slow and there are other better apps out there.
    11-18-09 04:07 PM
    the app was slow and there are other better apps out there.
    What other Apps?

Thanks
    11-18-09 06:35 PM
    What other Apps?

Thanks
    yes,what other apps?
    11-18-09 07:18 PM
    I kind of liked yahoo go. I did not want to get a constant flow of e-mails from yahoo on my BB, so I kept that account seperate. Any other solutions? I am not a fan of Yahoo's mobile web-site.
    11-18-09 09:50 PM
    Yahoo Go! was a nice app, but with the nes BIS coming in the spring with enhanced Yahoo support, it seems Go! will no longer be needed. it took up a LOT of memory space too.
    11-19-09 06:54 AM
    This is a big deal for me - it really irks me that they are doing this. I have my phone through work and cannot just setup my Yahoo account on the crackberry. Even if I could, that would mean my personal emails would get archived along with our business emails (and could be searched and read by various people) and I don't want to do that. My company wouldn't want that, either.

Yahoo Go was a little cheesy in that it didn't work as well as it could have and it was bloated with a lot of un-needed features when all I wanted was mail, but at the same time it served its purpose. Instead of just removing it, Yahoo should be replacing it with a better, cleaner, faster mail-only app. Would that really be so hard for them?

I've tried using the browser to access my Yahoo mail and it's fine for reading mail but hard to send mail because typing seems to activate several of BB's browser shortcuts. As I type, I keep going back or up or something else that I didn't intend to do. It's frustrating and is not going to work for me.

I've been with yahoo mail since 1996 and the last thing I want to do is switch but I may start using gmail as a result of this change. At minimum, I could forward my yahoo mail to gmail and use the gmail app on the BB. Yahoo is really screwing this up for me. If I knew who to contact at Yahoo about this, I would.

PS - Anyone else in a similar situation? What are you going to do?
    Last edited by Kanye Midwest; 12-09-09 at 04:43 PM.
    12-09-09 04:40 PM
    There's that 3rd party free email app. Logicmail I believe. You can set up pop yahoo over that. It has its own inbox so it won't be integrated with the BB inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD