I just downgraded from .167 to .151 (sync issues) and am now having issues with facebook notifications being pushed to my BB (never had the issue before when I was on .151). I can see the notification when I log into My yahoo account on the pc and other yahoo mail is pushed without an issue. Just the facebook notifications are not pushed. I have done several battery pulls and reinstalled facebook without any success. Also resent service books. no luck

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by thebear8me; 09-18-09 at 09:53 AM.
    09-18-09 09:44 AM
    everyone is having a problem with fb, use the search option next time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 09:59 AM

I did and did not find anything that helped. therefore I created the thread and put it out there hoping for results. It appears on the surface to be a yahoo problem but i was looking for feedback.
    09-18-09 10:02 AM

What issues are people running any 4.7 OS having? The FB issue is a 5.0 issue. Also, no need for the arrogance.

I suggest trying to delete FB off your bb, reboot and re-install. If the app is installed correctly, it will not push e-mails to a BIS account you have set-up. The notifications will go directly to the FB app.
    09-18-09 10:06 AM
    most bb are having the problem and not related to OS. trust me, ive been and only using 4.7OS.

09-18-09 10:10 AM
    What issues are people running any 4.7 OS having? The FB issue is a 5.0 issue. Also, no need for the arrogance.

I suggest trying to delete FB off your bb, reboot and re-install. If the app is installed correctly, it will not push e-mails to a BIS account you have set-up. The notifications will go directly to the FB app.
    I have deleted and reinstalled. what is interesting is that yahoo is not pushing the notification to the BB.
    09-18-09 10:11 AM
    most bb are having the problem and not related to OS. trust me, ive been and only using 4.7OS.

What are you talking about? Please explain. There is no FB issue with 4.7. I'm using it as we speak and so are a handful of other people I talk to on a regular basis all running 4.7 OS on a Storm.

Is it possible it's a Yahoo issue? I'm on Gmail.
    09-18-09 10:20 AM
    What are you talking about? Please explain. There is no FB issue with 4.7. I'm using it as we speak and so are a handful of other people I talk to on a regular basis all running 4.7 OS on a Storm.

Is it possible it's a Yahoo issue? I'm on Gmail.
    That is what i am wondering and am looking for some input from other yahoo users.

Interestingly Yahoo just changed their web mail client
    09-18-09 10:25 AM
    i use yahoo email for my fb and using os.151.

09-18-09 11:00 AM
    People SEARCH, there is an ongoing facebook issue. It has nothing to do with your OS, your email acct, your app. IT'S FACEBOOK!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ann...cation-316131/
    Last edited by mookish; 09-18-09 at 11:12 AM.
    09-18-09 11:10 AM
    People SEARCH, there is an ongoing facebook issue. It has nothing to do with your OS, your email acct, your app. IT'S FACEBOOK!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ann...cation-316131/
    Um maybe next time you should read the whole thread before you post. This issue is not about not being able to open the notifications it is about NOT getting them at all. And it appears to be a yahoo issue as gmail is working fine.

Your intelligence is eclipsed only by your ignorance
    09-18-09 11:19 AM
    Um maybe next time you should read the whole thread before you post. This issue is not about not being able to open the notifications it is about NOT getting them at all. And it appears to be a yahoo issue as gmail is working fine.

The issues with facebook are not just one issue, It's not getting notifications, getting notifications but no alert, not being able to open notifications, not being able to respond to comments, etc...but if you swear you know what the issue is, why post? Just wipe, resend service books, uninstall, reinstall, downgrade, upgrade, pull battery, do a raindance, anything that makes you think that it will work. While the rest of us just wait until facebook corrects the issues on their end.

Check the 3rd party apps first and second pages and see how many threads were created about different facebook problems. This issue is spread across several OS versions and several phone models.

Have fun.
    09-18-09 11:30 AM

other than the link he posted, did you read what he posted? what part did he actually says that was wrong?

09-18-09 11:44 AM
    I did and did not find anything that helped. therefore I created the thread and put it out there hoping for results. It appears on the surface to be a yahoo problem but i was looking for feedback.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ca...mments-316141/
    09-18-09 05:48 PM

yahoo has a known issue with delayed emails intermittently...i've submitted a trouble ticket numerous times, and no resolution has been reached...change your facebook email to yahoo if it's that big of an issue to you...which if getting facebook notifications is that serious of an issue, i doubt you're really doing anything important anyway...
    09-18-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD