will the 8350i (boostberry) ever get a yahoo mail or a facebook app??

i tried shangmail but i really dont like it. i downloaded the gmail app and its awesome!

but im not connected to rim so i cant have access to yahoo mail or facebook.

does anyone kno of any other alternatives (besides shangmail) for yahoo and facebook??

thanks!!

(btw us boostberrys deserve apps too! i really dont want to hear that we get 1/2 service for 1/2 phone or whatever...)
    01-02-10 10:58 AM
    my 8350i already has a FB app, its 1.6v . i dont use yahoo so cant help thur, lol but yea check around on here someone posted a link of 1.6v because 1.7 doesnt work with our BB for some error reason
    01-02-10 11:09 AM
    As far as getting yahoo mail to your BB it would be fairly easy to just forward it to your gmail. I think that's under options in the upper left hand corner of your Yahoo Mail page. I have a hotmail acct that I forward to gmail and receive on my BB through the gmail app.

If it is messenger type functions you are looking for I would suggest Nimbuzz. It is a multi use messenger app that works with Yahoo, AIM, MSN, Skype, Facebook, MySpace, and others. I downloaded the version for the 8530 Curve and it works great on my Boostberry.
    01-02-10 11:36 AM
    my 8350i already has a FB app, its 1.6v . i dont use yahoo so cant help thur, lol but yea check around on here someone posted a link of 1.6v because 1.7 doesnt work with our BB for some error reason
    i have lurked around for 2 days for that app! i still cant find it. can you help me?
    01-02-10 11:49 AM
    As far as getting yahoo mail to your BB it would be fairly easy to just forward it to your gmail. I think that's under options in the upper left hand corner of your Yahoo Mail page. I have a hotmail acct that I forward to gmail and receive on my BB through the gmail app.

If it is messenger type functions you are looking for I would suggest Nimbuzz. It is a multi use messenger app that works with Yahoo, AIM, MSN, Skype, Facebook, MySpace, and others. I downloaded the version for the 8530 Curve and it works great on my Boostberry.
    did u get a nimbuzz certificate error? (doin this on my pc) i accepted it anyway. it is nimbuzz.com right?
    01-02-10 11:56 AM
    Is it because you do not have a data plan for your BB? I am pretty sure the Fbook app should work correctly on most devices - OS dependent...

The fact that you have used Shangmail leads me to believe you don't have a data plan - and are using your native networks data trafficking for your apps, in which case I would say a good app for you to get is 'Snaptu' good for Twitter, FBook and various other features, it also does not require a BIS/BES connection...

T2F
    01-02-10 12:00 PM
    here go a link http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ota...lx-cod-341636/
    Last edited by frankbankz; 01-02-10 at 12:44 PM.
    01-02-10 12:03 PM
    Is it because you do not have a data plan for your BB? I am pretty sure the Fbook app should work correctly on most devices - OS dependent...

The fact that you have used Shangmail leads me to believe you don't have a data plan - and are using your native networks data trafficking for your apps, in which case I would say a good app for you to get is 'Snaptu' good for Twitter, FBook and various other features, it also does not require a BIS/BES connection...

T2F
    im on boost unlimited. and im downloading nimbuzz now. and i have tried fbook but im not connected to the RIM servers thats why it wont work for me. i hope nimbuzz does!
    01-02-10 12:03 PM

you have a 8350i? should i download the 8530 then?
    01-02-10 12:07 PM
    did that 8350 version work
    01-02-10 12:19 PM
    all good! its downloaded and good to go. 1 question though. my offline contacts are a whole bunch of numbers...whats up with that? i changed my settings to hid people who are offline.

i just wish i could check my yahoo email...

but other than that-its awesome! thanks everyone!

01-02-10 12:28 PM
    did that 8350 version work
    yes it does!
    01-02-10 12:29 PM
    cool... did you check out that facebook link. it work that's what i used
    01-02-10 12:43 PM
    I don't know for sure why your offline contacts are showing up like that. Is it just one service? Like are they all Yahoo contacts?

Like I said earlier about yahoo mail would be easy to forward it straight to your gmail app. Or for that matter why not sign in to Yahoo through your browser and check the Remember Me box then when you get to your inbox just bookmark it.
    01-02-10 01:09 PM
    I don't know for sure why your offline contacts are showing up like that. Is it just one service? Like are they all Yahoo contacts?

Like I said earlier about yahoo mail would be easy to forward it straight to your gmail app. Or for that matter why not sign in to Yahoo through your browser and check the Remember Me box then when you get to your inbox just bookmark it.
    yea im gonna try to forward my yahoo mail to gmail for now. [i have the free yahoo email. i heard that you cant forward until u upgrade to mail plus. is this true?]

and i downloaded the facebook app from here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ota...lx-cod-341636/

and it works great!

but i have another question. it wants me to upgrade to 1.7-should i do this? are there problems with the boostberry's and the 1.7 facebook app??
    01-02-10 01:25 PM
    cool... did you check out that facebook link. it work that's what i used
    yes and im lovin it!!! thanks so much!
    01-02-10 01:25 PM

sorry for got to add in last post. ummm no they are all myspace and facebook contacts. but since i dont use myspace much and i have the facebook app; im just gonna delete them from my account and keep the yahoo and msn contacts.
    01-02-10 01:28 PM
    don't upgrade
    01-02-10 01:46 PM
    since your on boost mobile it won't work right
    01-02-10 01:55 PM
    since your on boost mobile it won't work right
    ok kool. thanks!
    01-02-10 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD