I've been having various problems with my Curve for the past 2 days, but the one I'm currently stuck on is Yahoo Mail. I had internet connection issues and couldn't access the internet, Yahoo mail or Facebook. I've since fixed the FB issue somehow, but after resending the service books via TMobile, and deleting and adding my Yahoo email back on TMobile, I have no way to access my email on my BB. I tried going to Yahoo's mobile site via BB's internet browser and on Opera to download the app, but it says that I can't download the app on my desktop. I wasn't on my desktop - I was on my BB. I'm severely frustrated as I have been trying to work on this for over an hour. Any help is appreciated.
    08-05-09 01:46 PM
    Here is what I would do (in order):

1 - Do a battery pull on your device. With it on, take the battery out of it, wait 20 seconds, and then put it back in.
    2 - Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BB Button > Register Now
    3 - Login to your BIS manager, delete the yahoo mail account and then re-add it. Send the service books to your device again.
    4 - If it is still acting up after this, do another battery pull.

If all of the above fails, contact T-mobile so they can check your account setup for you on their end.
    08-05-09 02:10 PM
    Thanks so much for your help. I tried everything in order, but after the 2nd battery pull, blackberry.com/yahoo/mail still thinks I'm using a desktop. Grrr.
    08-05-09 02:53 PM
    If you want to download the app go to the browser configuration and set the browser identifier as blackberry.
    08-05-09 03:02 PM
    Wait a second ... what do you mean by "thinks I'm using a desktop"? Also do you have a data plan? How exactly are you trying to get your mail?
    08-05-09 03:03 PM
    Yes, I have a data plan. I'm trying to get my Yahoo mail via the app that [I]used[I] to be on my BB. When I go on blackberry.com/yahoo/mail to configure my email for Yahoo and get the app, it tells me that I need to access that page on a Blackberry and not on the desktop it thinks I'm on. Odd, right?

My browser configuration says the default is set as "TMobile" and my other choice is "HotSpot Browser".
    08-05-09 05:28 PM
    Browser identifier is what tells the server what type of device is connecting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 05:34 PM
    My browser configuration is set on Blackberry, and it still says "Please use your Blackberry device to access this site. Desktop Browser not supported."
    08-05-09 05:44 PM
    See post #4 above, that's what you need to do:

Browser > BB Button > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification = Blackberry

Then you should be able to download the app. If you have a data plan, however, I am curious as to why you are trying to use this app when you can just use the push email through your Blackberry plan. Also, you should have an "Internet" option as well in the "Browser Configuration" settings so this makes me think you do not have a data plan. Are you sure that you have a Blackberry Data Plan added to your account?
    08-05-09 05:45 PM
    Yes, I have a data plan. I'm trying to get my Yahoo mail via the app that [I]used[I] to be on my BB. When I go on blackberry.com/yahoo/mail to configure my email for Yahoo and get the app, it tells me that I need to access that page on a Blackberry and not on the desktop it thinks I'm on. Odd, right?

My browser configuration says the default is set as "TMobile" and my other choice is "HotSpot Browser".
    Why use an app to get your Yahoo! mail?

Just set up your account as you would any other... you get a cool Yahoo! email icon and your mails come straight through to your BB as per.

Also as zwood said, check your browser identification is set to BlackBerry, and not IE or FFox...

Browser > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification = BlackBerry
    08-05-09 05:49 PM
    What you described above is exactly what I checked. It was already set as Blackberry. I saved it before closing and everything. I have Unlimited Blackberry Web through TMobile. I do not have BB web client email. I had no problem accessing Yahoo mail with the Yahoo mail app until 2 days ago. Now I can't access it on my phone at all unless I go to Yahoo through the browser.
    08-05-09 05:56 PM
    Phill, until yesterday, I DID have the Yahoo mail icon (=app). Then I had connection problems, then I fixed that, and the mail icon is gone. I cannot get it back.
    08-05-09 05:58 PM
    Are you saying that you have this "Blackberry Enabler" feature that T-mobile used to offer to its customers? If so, I think that is your problem since T-mobile is no longer supporting this feature. You will need to get the full Blackberry Data Plan on your account.
    08-05-09 06:02 PM
    So you're saying that I got the Bait & Switch? That really sucks, because I just got it in June, and now I have to pay more. Thanks, TMobile.

Here are TMobile's BB plans:

BlackBerry Unlimited Web (what I have now)

Harness the power of your BlackBerry to stay connected on the go with Unlimited Web access.

$24.99

BlackBerry Unlimited w/Enterprise E-mail Add-on

Add access to BlackBerry corporate data features to a voice rate plan. BlackBerry Unlimited w/Enterprise E-mail, for use with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) software, includes unlimited BES access, BlackBerry Web Client e-mail, and Web browsing.

$29.98

BlackBerry Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages

Get unlimited communication capabilities, with unlimited Web access and domestic messages. Includes Unlimited Web access, Unlimited domestic text, picture, and instant messages, and Unlimited personal e-mail

$34.99

I guess I'll have to upgrade...

Thanks, aristile, for your help with this! I'm still frustrated, but at least I know it's not because I'm doing something wrong.
    08-05-09 06:53 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up, you do have the correct plan. What I was talking about was something else entirely. I think you need to contact T-mobile and have them re-provision the BIS setup on your account.

Also you do not need the Yahoo app at all, I am not sure why you are even using that. Instead you should be using the BIS to get your mail. There is a 101 lecture on getting that setup and working:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry
    08-05-09 07:05 PM
    Okay, so I created a BB email address, which I didn't have before. I also have my yahoo address already set up. I hope I get the "Welcome to BB" email soon... I think it should have happened by now... I feel like I'm going backwards. It was fine 3 days ago. Thanks for your help, aristile!
    08-06-09 10:45 PM
    Problem solved. T-Mobile was able to fix it. Finally. Yippee! Thanks everyone for your help.
    08-07-09 04:37 PM
    how did you get your yahoo mail app? whenever i go to blackberry.com/yahoo/mail it just directs me to the registration..
    08-08-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD