Hello,
    Is there a yahoo email app i can download? i dont want to use my BIS and add another account to it, i thought i saw somewhere which i cant remember that there was one to download? i really dont like launching the browser then go to yahoo login with username then password, just need one that i can click on and go right into my mail. Thanks
    08-04-09 07:03 PM
    There is Yahoo Go.

Yahoo! mobile
    08-04-09 07:45 PM
    Why don't you want to run it thru BIS? Just wondering

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 08:36 PM
    want to keep it seperate if possible, i had it through BIS before was a pain cause i didnt know if i had regular mail ( thats on my BIS now ) or just yahoo mail
    08-04-09 10:42 PM
    yea then i would say yahoo go is for you..just go to yahoo.com moble and it will send you a link to your phone
    08-04-09 10:47 PM
    yea then i would say yahoo go is for you..just go to yahoo.com moble and it will send you a link to your phone
    ok but why does it say login into my BIS account to create a account? i done this before like i said everytime i get a email it confuses me since it goes into my main messages folder, i guess this isnt a seperate app where i can just just click on a yahoo mail icon that takes me right to yahoo mail?
    08-04-09 11:03 PM
    I'm confused (what's new). I have yahoo running thru my BIS abd I have 7 other email addresses. When I set up yahoo it made the yahoo email in box icon a different color and pot a big Y on it, do you not have separate icons for each email?

08-05-09 08:48 AM
    Yes, every email account has it's own icon.

08-05-09 02:22 PM
    ok but why does it say login into my BIS account to create a account? i done this before like i said everytime i get a email it confuses me since it goes into my main messages folder, i guess this isnt a seperate app where i can just just click on a yahoo mail icon that takes me right to yahoo mail?
    want to keep it seperate if possible, i had it through BIS before was a pain cause i didnt know if i had regular mail ( thats on my BIS now ) or just yahoo mail
    That doesn't make much sense...maybe you can help me understand your situation better. What is the difference between "regular mail" and "yahoo mail" ?
    Are you trying to distinguish between corproate BES email and personal BIS email?
    If that's the case, then hide your Messages folder. And only check email via the individual email Icon for yahoo or your corporate BES Icon. And you can set a unique Alert tone for each one as well.
    That way, your messages will appear to be separate, and not all go into the same folder.

Does that help?
    Last edited by amojeba; 08-05-09 at 03:28 PM.
    08-05-09 03:24 PM
    ok i think i have it now i added yahoo account to my BIS page i got the confirmation of new email added and see the Yahoo mail icon, all good so far just wondering why it takes so long to recieve emails i did a test and took like 10mins or so.
    08-05-09 06:28 PM
    it takes a few minutes for it to work
    08-05-09 07:00 PM
    I have a question regarding yahoo email

I get an email from yahoo yalerts at reply.yahoo.com email with the subject then a moment later I get the e mail. What is this and how do I get rid of it ( the alert ) I looked at my yahoo account from my desktop and cant find anything about this. Help please

Thanks
    08-05-09 07:04 PM
    There is Yahoo Go.

Yahoo! mobile
    Yeah. But it doesn't work on the Storm.
    08-05-09 07:18 PM
    I just want it not to have me alerted twice for 1 email I dont want that alert
    Last edited by bv15325; 08-05-09 at 07:22 PM.
    08-05-09 07:20 PM
    Yes, every email account has it's own icon.

Yes I am aware of that, however the OP said he can't tell if he gets mail from his other email, or just yahoo. Not sure why he can't tell if he does have separate icons.
    08-06-09 07:56 AM
    I have a question regarding yahoo email

I get an email from yahoo yalerts at reply.yahoo.com email with the subject then a moment later I get the e mail. What is this and how do I get rid of it ( the alert ) I looked at my yahoo account from my desktop and cant find anything about this. Help please

Thanks
    I have never seen this before, and you would be better off asking this in your own thread and not hijacking this thread.
    08-06-09 07:57 AM
    ok i think i have it now i added yahoo account to my BIS page i got the confirmation of new email added and see the Yahoo mail icon, all good so far just wondering why it takes so long to recieve emails i did a test and took like 10mins or so.
    Do you use the free Yahoo or do you pay the $20.00 a year for the premium service (or whatever they call it) I pay $20 a year for Yahoo Premium (or whatever it is called) I have had Yahoo Mail pulled up on my PC and sent myself a message from my phone. My Yahoo Mail has hit my phone before it hit my inbox on my PC. Mine is very fast. Maybe it is because I pay or maybe because I have the newer ymail.com email, don't know.
    08-06-09 08:01 AM
    By the way, I tested out the Yahoo Mobile and that is the most pain in the A$$ app I have ever used.
    08-06-09 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD