Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I don't know what I did but I did somehow get a yahoo app on my phone to receive my yahoo email. Then someone I deleted & cant get it back. Ive gone through the instructions on yahoo but it doesn't seem to be working. I had it for a day then I messed up somewhere.
    I know were supposed to be able to get other emails sent to our phones via the setup wizard for adding other emails but that doesn't seem to be working.
    Ideas?
    10-02-09 02:59 PM
    i have the same problem.I can't seem to be able to add my yahoo email to my device. Been able to add some other email.
    10-25-09 02:09 PM
    did you try to re send service books..go to your provider web site
    10-25-09 08:07 PM
    I have a Yahoo! email address setup on my phone without the assistance of an app. It is possible to do. Try registering your HRT (Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register now) and a battery pull (with the phone on.) Then try setting up the email address. If that doesn't work you can probably add it by going to your carrier's BIS site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 02:48 AM
    Yeah I have my hotmail, and yahoo email come to my bb. I don't need an app, I also have my schools email forwarded since gmail won't let blackberries have it added. ....I hate google. Anyways... U don't need an app...they'll juz drain ur memory n batt anyways.

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-26-09 at 11:52 AM. Reason: profanity
    10-26-09 07:24 AM
    I was able to get Gmail to work on my Curve
    10-26-09 08:54 PM
    Yeah I have my hotmail, and yahoo email come to my bb. I don't need an app, I also have my schools email forwarded since gmail won't let blackberries have it added. ....I hate google. Anyways... U don't need an app...they'll juz drain ur memory n batt anyways.

Hmm, this is strange. I have 3 different Gmail accounts and I am able to use them on my Curve without the Gmail app. First time I hear of this issue.

10-26-09 09:45 PM
    Hmm, this is strange. I have 3 different Gmail accounts and I am able to use them on my Curve without the Gmail app. First time I hear of this issue.

If anything, I'd've thought Yahoo would be the problem, as they don't use regular email protocols unless you pay. But my sister, who is not the most tech savvy person in the world, got hers working, too.
    10-27-09 02:28 AM
    "I got gmail working on my curve" is not clear and can be confusing in this matter.

If you get yahoo/google/hotmail working, can you describe how you get it with?

Is it being pushed by BIS (you get it in bb messenger)?
    Do you use email app such as gmail app to access your email?
    Do you use browser to access your email?
    10-27-09 09:14 AM
    I get my Google GMail through BIS.
    10-28-09 01:05 PM

i only use gmail and it works fine on my bb
    10-28-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD