A few days ago I had to upgrade my slacker cuz it told me to. Now I can't listen to my cached station unless I get the paid version. wtf did they have to ruin a good app? In the past, cached radio was available for free version. Cached is what make them different from their competitors. Now they want us to paid. Everyone boycott them and stick with pandora! Show them for being greedy sob!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 09:49 PM
    This was discussed a little bit ago when the new versions came out. I've had the new free version for a while now and I can still listen to cached stations no problem. I had to re-cache them, and run the slacker station loader that's on my media card, but they work just great. I just turned my radio and wifi off and I'm listening to one of my stations right now.
    04-20-10 10:28 PM
    What? U have to turn off radio and wifi in order to listen to cached station? Aint that a b*tch? Wtf is wrong with slacker programmers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 10:31 PM
    Sorry I said that wrong. No you don't need to shut all those things off. I just did it because I keep on hearing that cache stations won't play with the free version. Mine still does though.
    04-20-10 10:36 PM
    I'll keep the older version, thank you very much.
    04-21-10 07:39 AM
    i find it funny everytime slacker app is brought up.
    i only did 1 update to 2.x version and it hasnt asked me to update anymore. *knock on wood*
    04-21-10 09:12 AM
    unfortunately, pandora is available here otherwise i would be using it.
    04-21-10 09:12 AM
    Why is it "ruined" by becoming a paid app? Basic Pandora and Basic Slacker are almost the same apps with different names. No caching on Basic Pandora, no caching on Basic Slacker. (unless you've kept 2.91, then it's good). Paid Slacker allows both wireless caching and hard-wired which is quicker. Paid Pandora doesn't have ANY caching. That's the deal breaker for me. Pandora is useless when riding the subways here in NYC.
    04-21-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD