Anyone heard anything about XM Radio app for OS 6 phones? It is available for earlier OS but nothing for OS 6.
    09-14-11 08:33 AM
    This was one reason I'm leaving BB, not the main reason by any means, but I can't wait to leave BB for another platform on October 6th that supports Sirius and XM.

Short answer, if it's not out for OS6 already, it isn't coming out. OS6 is a dead platform to RIM. They are focusing on OS7 and QNX and therefore, developers won't touch OS6 for third party apps.

12-18 months ago, smart phones weren't about apps, they were about making core functionality work most efficiently, so it didn't matter. Now, more than ever, a healthy app eco system is key to a smartphone, and RIM is falling flat on it's face. I love my BB, but I hate the fact it can't do some of the awesome things that Droid can do. I would love to be able to remote start my 2011 Acadia, set my Comcast DVR or listen to XM while I'm at work...
    09-14-11 12:52 PM
    You can set your Comcast DVR and view listings, etc., now. Comcast released their Blackberry app a few weeks ago. Works great. They are working on another app that will allow you to stream TV. Unfortunately, still no Sirius/XM app for OS6, but that is Sirius/XM's fault, not RIM's. I think they are just being lazy. Every other music service has an OS6 app- it can't be that hard. Contact Sirius/XM and complain. Maybe if they get enough complaints, they'll do something, but I'm not holding my breath.
    09-16-11 05:38 AM
    Okay, and I'll email skype and yahoo finance and ask them why their apps aren't available for my 9800 ..... Not

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD