Does anyone know, how I can get XM radio on the 8330. XM says they do not support it. Any ideas?
    05-14-08 12:23 PM
    go to mobile.blackberry.com and there's an XM link there, under Applications and scroll down to Lifestyle.
    Try it out. I was able to put it on my phone even though the XM website said TMO was not supported. I uninstalled it though, because I get XM online anyway.
    05-14-08 12:42 PM
    Installing XM Radio that way does NOT work. You get redirected to the XM site where it tells you that your device is not currently supported. You can enter your email address to get notified when it does become available.
    05-14-08 12:47 PM
    Thx Anulke, but it still did not work. aI keep getting the XM message telling me that my phone is not yet supported.
    05-14-08 03:04 PM
    Same for the Vzw Curve. I emailed support from quickplayer as to when it'll be available. Here's their reply:

Dear customer,

We're working hard to make our software compatible with the Curve 8330.
    I've received word that it should be up by the end of the month. All other
    models of the Curve are currently compatible. I will add you to a
    notification list for when we can support the 8330. At this time there is no
    definite release date but we believe it should be up within the next month.

Thank You,
    Ana at XM Radio Mobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 03:05 PM
    I just wish I didn't have to pay extra to access XM radio on my phone. I already have it in my car and pay that monthly fee, why can't I use the same account?

Or can I and I just don't know it yet?
    07-14-08 05:14 PM
    Has Anybody Tried MoodioFM? Its a Free Radio Site that U sign up & plus it has a Variety of Stations That U can Add to ur Profile & U can Add as Many Stations or Channels that U want to listen to. If anybody hasn't tried it, Please leave me a Messg or PIN # in my Mail here on CB & I'll hook up the Link for ur BB Device. Again, Moodio Radio is a FREE Mobile site. Thanx.
    07-14-08 06:58 PM
    Does anyone know, how I can get XM radio on the 8330. XM says they do not support it. Any ideas?
    I finally was able to install and use it on my VZW 8330.
    07-14-08 09:42 PM
    How did you get it to work?
    07-22-09 09:28 PM
    hmm Useful
    07-22-09 11:09 PM
    i downloaded the xm app today from xm and it works fine. it had nothing for the 8330 so just for fun i tried the download for the 8500 and it works fine.
    02-13-10 02:40 PM
    8500 version didn't work on my sprint 8330.
    02-13-10 10:50 PM
    does anyone know if the xm stations cut out in a poor cell signal areas? Im very interested in the xm for bb but am sceptical of the quality of the service. Is it possible to play the xm through the car stereo via an mp3 cable from the device to the mp3 jack on my stereo? I would appreciate some input on theese questions... Thanks, dtsberry
    Last edited by dtsberry; 02-24-10 at 12:36 AM.
    02-23-10 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD