I have the free trial of the XM blackberry app on my phone now and have a few questions.

1. It keeps saying data connection lost. It only has worked once so far when I've been by my wifi network.

2. Can I uninstall the app, then reinstall using a different email address and keep getting the 14 day trials?
    06-02-10 08:27 AM
    Im an XM subscriber and use the berry app all the time during my commute. I've noticed that if you are trying to establish that initial connection in a spotty area, the app will start then drop constantly. However if I establish initial connection in a area with good coverage- connection is made and is maintained even while travelling thru spotty areas or hopping between wifi networks. Not sure why this is, but it is just behavior I have noticed.

ALSO...if for whatever reason you cannot get a connection is a area with great coverage- reboot or do a battery pull, then attempt connecting. Again not sure why application behaves this way, it just does. I find myself doing restarting my berry once every 5-6 days to properly launch XM app.

Hope this helps.
    06-02-10 10:33 AM
    I have the free trial of the XM blackberry app on my phone now and have a few questions.

1. It keeps saying data connection lost. It only has worked once so far when I've been by my wifi network.

2. Can I uninstall the app, then reinstall using a different email address and keep getting the 14 day trials?
    I have heard about people doing this, but you've got to think XM would eventually get wise and program something in to prevent it, but for now, yes that DOES appear to work. From what I heard anyways, I'm a full subscriber so I don't speak from experience.
    06-02-10 11:24 AM
    I've had a bunch of trials now, you don't even need to uninstall the program just login with the new address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 11:37 AM
    Thanks.

Does it use a lot of data??
    06-04-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD