Anyone using the XM radio yet? What stations are available (Squizz???)? How is the compression and sound quality?

Thanks!
    04-04-08 02:47 AM
    I downloaded the Trial version and the sound is a bit weak.
    There aren't THAT many stations, at least on the free version,
    but I did find music I like. I will not be paying the monthly fee though.
    04-04-08 03:01 AM
    Cannot use it om my BB yet.
    04-04-08 06:00 AM
    Thanks for your info BBash. I'm still on the fence about downloading the trial version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 06:09 AM
    With the sound not yet being that high a quality on my BB 8820, and the fact that I can put a ton of the music that I like on my memory card, I think the only way I'd have XM on it would be if I had an XM account already, and I could use XM on the BB because I had an account.
    04-04-08 06:36 AM
    I tried but because I have the beta 4/5 version it is not recognizing my OS.

when I go to www/xmradio.com/bb it tells me I need to upgrade to OS 4.2. Pretty funny since I have the beta 4.5
    04-04-08 10:50 AM
    I won't pay $7.99 a month since I already think I am nuts for paying $12.99 a month for XM in my car.
    04-04-08 10:54 AM
    There seems to be little information/support for the app so far. I emailed questions asking about usage for current subscribers, but have so far been ignored.

I'm curious though because the supposed 24 hour trial does not really seem to be limited. 3 days after installing the "trial" on my 8830WE I'm still able to connect and use the program without issue.

Has anyone gotten ANY other info yet?
    04-04-08 12:16 PM
    I wonder when it will be available through Sprint. Right now Sprint doesn't support it. I know XM's pricing is changing due to the merger with Sirius. xmmerger dot com has the details
    04-05-08 06:59 AM
    I wonder when it will be available through Sprint. Right now Sprint doesn't support it. I know XM's pricing is changing due to the merger with Sirius. xmmerger dot com has the details
    It worked fine on my Sprint 8830.... well the app stunk, but it worked.
    My trial last 2 days and now says I have to subscribe. So I deleted the app.
    04-05-08 11:16 AM
    Hmm, yea, with the 4gb sd card in my BB, it does seem kinda silly for the XM thing.. But sometimes I do like variety. Thanks for the info, people!
    04-06-08 01:32 AM
    I am having he same problem with the website not recognizing m OS.

Did anyone get that one sorted out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-08 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD