I know there are a few threads regarding satalite radio. I also know that XM has a mobile app.

What I don't know is now that Sirius and XM have merged, can you get Sirius stations via the XM app? Has anyone tested this yet?
    09-20-08 03:44 PM
    They haven't merged yet.
    09-20-08 03:59 PM
    They haven't merged yet.
    Correct.....

The U.S. Justice Department approved the merger between satellite radio companies Sirius.

But it has not been written in stone yet.
    09-20-08 04:01 PM
    Being an avid subscriber to XM for the last 7 years and a shareholder I pay close attention to this one.
    09-20-08 04:12 PM
    Ahh. Well don't I feel silly now. I could have sworn that it was already taking place. I'll revisit this post when (if) it happens. :-)

Thanks for the response.
    09-20-08 05:04 PM
    go to w w w . blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=9446

The merger was approved by the FCC but the officail radios havent come out yet, there's still probably about a year till XM-Sirius suscribers actually are able to get both stations togther. Not till then probably will applications be available.
    09-20-08 07:04 PM
    09-20-08 07:09 PM
    I recently test drove XM radio. It's a good idea but on EDGE networks there were occasional data slowdowns that stopped the music. Should be better on 3G.

Make sure you're on an unlimited data plan and brace yourself for big battery drain. The phone might go 12 hours before needing a recharge.
    09-20-08 08:09 PM
    I know there are a few threads regarding satalite radio. I also know that XM has a mobile app.

What I don't know is now that Sirius and XM have merged, can you get Sirius stations via the XM app? Has anyone tested this yet?

im testing it now... i am a sirius subscriber and i'm currently running the XM app on my 8320... the test works... i'll see in 14 days if it'll let me sign up for the 7.99 a month subscription..i'm hoping it will just add on to my sirius bill
    11-13-08 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD