Any word on when an XM App will be available for any of the 7.1 devices? SiriusXM is still advertising Blackberry App's, but lets face it, it's for outdated devices.
    05-24-12 03:23 PM
    Any word on when an XM App will be available for any of the 7.1 devices? SiriusXM is still advertising Blackberry App's, but lets face it, it's for outdated devices.
    Like a lot of other vendors (Comcast and Toyota Entune come to mind), SiriusXM does not support OS6 and OS7 phones. They have BB applications, but not for any phone released within the last two years or so.
    05-24-12 04:27 PM
    I spoke to a manager at SiriusXM on Friday. I threatened to end our new relationship, and to begin a campaign of chaos (hee hee) if they did not pull their adverts saying they have a Blackberry App. He truly seemed sincere. After about 15 minutes of talking he pulled one of their Internet App Support guys on the phone. What happened next was surprising.

The App Support person indicated they have gone through massive cuts and they aren't giving much attention to apps, in an effort to remain in business. He was so quiet, and so sincere. So.. my recommendation was simple. Pull your advert that includes the Blackberry and give my feedback to his management. He said he would, and then finished with "I wish the 7 and 7.1 OS weren't a pain to code for".. which tells me he knows enough about the O/S to reference versions. I am not a coder, and have no idea if what he said is true.

So.. maybe BB10 devices will give SiriusXM an opporotunity to port their curretn iOS or Android app. I'm sticking by both RIM and SiriusXM. At least for now.

Cheers.
    05-26-12 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD