Ok, I've been one to complain in the past about missing key apps for BlackBerry, so I'd like to post a thank you to Comcast & RIM as today for Comcast subscribers you can download the XFinity App and program your DVR remotely from your phone, see the Guide, see movie trailers, etc. Not sure yet if you can watch a show via the app on your phone but I'll report back later on that. Check it out! Just Google "Xfinity for BlacBberry" and you'll find it-

Here's the link: http://xfinitymobilebb.mpsvcs.com/BBAutoUpdate.jsp

Fyi, running on a Torch 9800 it works fine, can't say how it works om other models...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Xerxes10; 08-16-11 at 03:02 PM.
    rcalderaro and bustermin like this.
    08-16-11 11:24 AM
    08-16-11 11:59 AM
    I'm installing it on my 9650 we'll see later today if it will work on my 9930 which is NOT listed as a supported device, BUT might well work.
    08-16-11 12:14 PM
    I don't have a Comcast DVR (just TiVo), but I might install to see if it works well for listings......
    08-16-11 12:20 PM
    Thanks. I just downloaded it. It's pretty cool to have everything all in one place - like voicemail and email. I really like being able to program my DVR from anywhere in case I forget.
    08-16-11 12:48 PM
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!!! I just installed it and ended up with endless reboots and had to boot to safe mode and remore it! COULD just be it doesn't like something else on my device, BUT i'm not going to chance it expecially with the 9930 coming shortly (Fed Ex says by 3pm)
    08-16-11 12:53 PM
    Links would have been nice......

Good point, just added link! Sorry about that...

XFINITY MOBILE APP for BLACKBERRY is LIVE - Comcast Help and Support Forums

XFINITY Mobile App for Blackberry

08-16-11 02:54 PM
    says my 9780 isnt supported. screw that.
    08-16-11 04:14 PM
    I would think the 9780 is supported even if it's not listed. I wouldn't go by just the list they posted.
    08-17-11 08:05 AM
    Installed, and it seems to be working flawlessly. I mostly wanted this to program my DVR. I cancelled the recording of one program and set a recording for another. I confirmed the changes on-line, but I'll see what happens when I get home today.

It would nice to have myDVRManager as one of the main menu items rather than buried in the TV listings.

Also need to shut off email notifications, since my Comcast account gets pushed to my BB.
    08-17-11 09:26 AM
    Anyone know how to download this without the stupit "your phone is not supported" message? I want to try this on a 9810 but it keeps redirecting me.

08-22-11 12:35 PM
    I have a 9800 and have tried to load it multiple times. Every time I try to run it, I get an error message. This app is not working at all for the Torch. Something has gone wrong in the last 5-7 days or so.

08-23-11 12:06 AM
    I have a 9800 and have tried to load it multiple times. Every time I try to run it, I get an error message. This app is not working at all for the Torch. Something has gone wrong in the last 5-7 days or so.

I have a Torch, and had no problem downloading and installing this app. I set some shows to record from work yesterday with no issues.
    08-23-11 08:16 AM
    Worked on my 9650, nice interface.
    08-23-11 02:51 PM
    I have a Torch, and had no problem downloading and installing this app. I set some shows to record from work yesterday with no issues.
    I still have tried loading it a 4th time and still continue to get the error message as I try to run it. It says error loading 'xfinity touch'. I am loading just the way everyone has described to no avail.

08-24-11 09:41 PM
    Do not install this if you are using os7 !!! Will brick your phone !!!! I did it today

08-25-11 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD