so a few days ago social scope decides to have a "giveaway" of invites, yet how many of us have been on the waiting list for this app? sounds like bad pr to tell you the truth.
    08-29-10 03:08 PM
    wow never mind! I replied to there tweet of "its social Sunday" with a , how about hooking up some of your "back logged requests, that would be VERY social!"....guess who had an invite for social scope light in 15 minutes? thats right, yeah, this guy!
    08-29-10 04:03 PM
    I have social scope. It's ok. I'm not sure what all the hoopla is about. I still use ubertwittwer and Facebook apps on my bb. Been playing with the bb Twitter app also.

Maybe I should delete all them and just use social scope. Hmmm
    08-29-10 04:06 PM
    From my vantage point, I think SocialScope is a lesson in how not to run a beta program. While it looked like a pretty promising app I have really given up on it until a release happens. At this point, "Duke Nukem Forever" has a chance of beating it.

UPDATE: (Tue, Aug 31, 2010) The folks at Socialscope are making me eat my words. They seemed to have sent a bunch of updates to the 0.9.5.129 version recently. I don't know if it was everyone, but everyone I knew with an old version got an update. So I guess I WILL be giving it a chance before an actual release

I understand limiting access during a beta to get a useful amount of feedback that can be acted upon, but they phase updates to the people within the beta and end up with various versions out on devices at any given time. I have access to version 0.9.5.44 which I believe is a year and a half old at this point. Anything I report as something that needs fixed or updated could already be fixed in the later versions. So I am getting nothing out of the beta, and likewise they aren't getting anything out of it either.
    Last edited by linuxdaemon; 08-31-10 at 11:38 AM.
    08-29-10 05:38 PM
    Yea socialscope has passed for me. I've been waiting forever to get it, and this thread actually reminded me how long I've actually been waiting. So for me ubertwitter is great, and I don't think ill stop using it. Facebook is pretty horrible though that app can never act right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 07:04 AM
    I've been waiting for SS for a while, about a year. I started when I was using my boyfriend's old blackberry curve. Now I have my own bold, and I continue to wait.

I replied to the "it's social sunday" or "SS give away" things and had no response. how sad.

On a different note <3 Duke Nukem. lol
    08-30-10 07:11 AM
    I have been waiting 3 months... which in the high tech land of software development is like 5 dog years... So I'm pretty much over it now. The new Uber is sexy and fast, but does have serious glitches (the notifications for one, drive me crazy, as they keep re-notifying me over and over), and Twitter for BB, although not quite as feature rich does a great job too... I want to try SS, just because I love actually trying apps before passing judgment on them, but this is pissing me off, and I might give it a complete pass.
    08-30-10 07:26 AM
    yeah, same day as my original posts i sparked something....SS tweeted they were sending invites out to BB users who followed them...that day only...so a few other were able to get hooked up...its a pretty nice app, I like having both fb and t on same app...i really have no complaints with it...
    09-02-10 05:07 AM
    Okay, like over a year at least in beta! What is the deal. That is unheard of in the development arena. That's a lot of hype to live up to and judging by these posts, the interest is waining. Justifiably so. Bet SocialScope is two guys in a garage with two servers or something. Maybe that is why they can't launch it to the public. Lame in my opinion.
    10-26-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD