Going paid in a couple of months. Bummer.
    09-23-09 11:47 AM
    Everyone is scrabbling for the dollars they can. Even WSJ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 12:38 PM
    Yeah sucks. I use this app all the time. It's free til end of December I guess.
    09-23-09 01:09 PM
    Yeah, charging for the app worked really well for AP News when they tried that. Wait til Feb and WSJ will likely be free again.

09-23-09 01:47 PM
    I already deleted it, it was great but a battery drain if you didn't configure the update frequency.
    09-25-09 01:26 PM
    And what is WSJ?
    09-25-09 01:53 PM
    Wall Street Journal. Some paid subscribers I guess is better than 100,000 free subs... Just sucks they're online sub base is going to be cut probably by 70% in this economy with so many other free sources of information.
    09-25-09 02:39 PM
    ...Some paid subscribers I guess is better than 100,000 free subs...
    Yeah, but charging current subscribers (who subscribe to either the print or web versions) *yet another* fee for mobile access is *truly* absurd. I have no idea what they're thinking. What *I'm* thinking is they may actually LOSE subscribers out of nothing more than spite.

Further, IMHO, $2/week for mobile-only access is equally absurd and I'd be willing to bet they won't get even 1/3 to pay that sum given, as you indicated, the state of the economy and the many other sources of free information. So, lots of luck to them with this new deal - they're certainly going to need it.
    09-25-09 02:53 PM
    Really? Guess time to delete it then

09-25-09 02:55 PM
    Well, newspapers everywhere are losing money these days. Not really too surprising....
    09-25-09 03:11 PM
    Yeah, but charging current subscribers (who subscribe to either the print or web versions) *yet another* fee for mobile access is *truly* absurd. I have no idea what they're thinking. What *I'm* thinking is they may actually LOSE subscribers out of nothing more than spite.

Further, IMHO, $2/week for mobile-only access is equally absurd and I'd be willing to bet they won't get even 1/3 to pay that sum given, as you indicated, the state of the economy and the many other sources of free information. So, lots of luck to them with this new deal - they're certainly going to need it.
    Exactly. I have an online subscription and will NOT pay an additional fee for mobile access. I'm going to cancel at the end of my subscription.
    09-25-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD