Because T-Mobile can't get a signal through the brick walls of my building, I always have Wifi turned on when I'm at home. However, when I'm elsewhere I'd usually rather have it off as it chews the battery.

I think it'd be a great idea for an app than can turn this setting (and others) on or off depending on where you are.

Please say so if such an app exists (I haven't been able to find one).
    10-19-09 11:15 AM
    i keep wifi on 24/7 and it doesnt seem to effect my battery that much.
    10-19-09 03:58 PM
    Maybe it was a Pearl thing. I'm on a Storm2 now and haven't tried having Wifi off to see if Wifi hard on battery.
    11-05-09 07:15 PM
    Would the battery drain from having the gps on all of the time offset any drain from having wifi on all of the time? Or were you suggesting it runs on cell tower only and assume that no signal automatically turns the wifi on?
    11-06-09 08:43 AM
    Have a look at Location Profiler by Toysoft Development. It already does this (switches off and on Bluetooth, WiFi and can change profiles depending on where you are, via cell tower triangulation).

Toysoft Development Inc.- Location profile for Blackberry
    11-06-09 10:43 AM
    I know there is an app that does what the OP wants, ie turns the radio off when the signal is crap. However, I remember seeing this about 6 months ago, so don't remember what it was called...I'm sure a standard search of guesses would yield results though.

Sorry I can't help you out and do it for you, CB is not letting me search anymore (a problem a few users are having) at the moment.
    11-06-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD