Despite appearances,
    In spite of what you may have heard or how many 5 star reviews this app has received, I am here to tell you not to believe any of it.

First - I left a detailed one star review and they deleted it. Second I emailed them with the same issues and they ignored it.

So this is crackberry revenge, the truth must be known about this app that seems great on the surface, but in actual use it does not even perform it's primary function, assuring that your device is locked and secured. And they are hiding the truth, which makes me more angry than the app makes me. I can forgive a dysfunctional app, but intentional misrepresentation and dishonesty I cannot forgive.

I loved it at first, when I used the free trial, it actually is pretty slick. But when the trial expired I was annoyed that it kept locking up my device or taking me to their ads without me requesting it to do so. So I deleted it and bought the app.

Here is the review I posted that was soon deleted:

beware. I loved the trial, I love the style. But a few really bad flaws are not readily apparent. First don't get the impression that this will make your device secure, as when it is locked it occasionally allows anyone to view what is on your screen, and if you want to do it intentionally, just press the "emergency call" button and the screen can be viewed. Worse, if it is in your pocket, it will eventually slide to the passcode and make bad entries until the set number of attempts is reached and permanently lockup your device. Worse yet, it once dialed emergency from my pocket, causing a false alarm 911 call. even worse it occasionally causes your device to freeze, requiring a battery pull usually right when you desperately need to use your phone. When these things are fixed, 5 stars. Meanwhile, zero.

Since then I have found other annoying things.

You cant adjust the audio volume unless you unlock it first.

You can very easily accidentally press the "emergency call" button when entering your passcode.

Occasionally, while thinking my screen was secure - I have picked up the phone to be able to view the full screen, which may contain sensitive info, with a dialog telling me I had to press the unlock key to unlock.

You cant carry the phone in your pocket without the risk of it dragging itself from motion in your pocket, entering multiple pass codes until your retries are used up , then locking the phone up for good. worse than that it will make emergency calls from your pocket, yes, to 911.. This has happened more times than I can count and I can no longer assume my phone is locked and secure.

Sucks - uninstall.

Now what do you think of that Bulbera, the truth is out despite your deletion of my reviews and ignorance of my emails.

Anyone know of a functional lock app?
    Last edited by PheonixSun; 07-06-12 at 09:21 PM.
    07-06-12 03:04 PM
    I have Drag Lock Pro, and absolutely love it.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-06-12 05:18 PM
    I have Drag Lock Pro, and absolutely love it.
    Happy to hear that - are the above noted problems not an issue for you?

Why or why not?

Can you confirm or deny them?
    07-06-12 05:39 PM
    With all respect to the O.P., it's difficult to write a good lock screen app.

I figured, "it'll be a snap, at most 2 weeks, maybe even 2 days." 2 months later, I was still chasing dozens of bugs and quirks. It seems like it should be simple and easy, but ends up becoming very complex and difficult.

As for the pocket-input problem, it ended up being a complex problem to solve, involving selective suppression of the backlight and touchscreen while random inputs are happening in your pocket that keep turning the light on or keeping it on, while still allowing intentional input. Part of the solution was adding click-to-confirm for downward unlocking swipes, and an option to require a key held while swiping the trackpad, which is the main culprit.

Anyway, I thought I'd mention that it's no easy task writing a lock screen app.
    07-06-12 10:03 PM
    Wait... You tried the trial, didn't like it, and bought the app just to leave a bad review?
    07-08-12 10:08 PM
    Wait... You tried the trial, didn't like it, and bought the app just to leave a bad review?
    Makes a ton of sense
    07-08-12 11:43 PM
    Makes a ton of sense
    He clearly stated multiple times that he "LOVED" the trial...
    07-09-12 03:21 AM
    I didn't discover most of the problems until I purchased the full version. The problems are not immediately obvious and did not surface during my trial period.
    Last edited by PheonixSun; 07-09-12 at 03:32 AM.
    07-09-12 03:29 AM
    With all respect to the O.P., it's difficult to write a good lock screen app.

I figured, "it'll be a snap, at most 2 weeks, maybe even 2 days." 2 months later, I was still chasing dozens of bugs and quirks. It seems like it should be simple and easy, but ends up becoming very complex and difficult.

As for the pocket-input problem, it ended up being a complex problem to solve, involving selective suppression of the backlight and touchscreen while random inputs are happening in your pocket that keep turning the light on or keeping it on, while still allowing intentional input. Part of the solution was adding click-to-confirm for downward unlocking swipes, and an option to require a key held while swiping the trackpad, which is the main culprit.

Anyway, I thought I'd mention that it's no easy task writing a lock screen app.
    While I'm sure that is true, I can imagine ways for most of these problems to be avoided.
    07-09-12 03:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD