I d'l-ed Worldmate 4.0 a little while ago and it's been working great. But my trial period has ended and I'm being asked if I want to "go gold" to access some of the functions....I think that $100 a year is rather pricey. My question is... How much use would you have to put in to it for it to be justifiable?

ie. If you're flying every other week, then it would be justifiable. If you take 1 trip a year. Probably not.

Myself....I make about 7-8 trips a year. 3 of those trips are extended with multiple flights (we're talking 6 cities in 2 weeks type of thing).

Insight? For the people who have the paid service. Has it made THAT big of a difference for you?

Thanks in advance.

~LB
    09-03-10 10:12 AM
    I travel a little bit more than you and I decided I did not feel it was worth the $$. There are free apps that do some of what Worldmate does...not all in one, but just as good as far as I was concerned.
    09-03-10 02:04 PM
    I travel about 30 to 50 times a year when you count round trips because lord knows anything can happen going either direction. For me it has paid off to hae the sevice. it has helped with cancel flight, finding hotels in cities I know nothing about and some other areas. I think it has been worth it for me. If your are not traveling very much then I agree that it is pricey. So I guess ultimately its a call you are going to have to make.
    I do love the program.
    Good luck
    09-03-10 02:15 PM
    Thx @ Epiguards....If you're talking individual flights, I guess I'd be pushing 30 flights a year. Probably more next year. But then the places that I travel to, I pretty much know where / how to get inexpensive lodging (paratrooping w/o a landing pad we call it.....it's fun. haha)....and I very rarely rent cars at these places. hrmmm........ thanks for the information tho. =)~

Speaking of paratrooping....i wonder if i should do that on my next trip. haha. =)~

~LB
    09-03-10 03:04 PM
    When your trip suddenly changes, or when you'd like to be able to see all flights at a moment's notice, then you realize what a great program Worldmate is! I too love the program.
    09-03-10 05:57 PM
    I still think TripIt + XE Currency is the way to go, for me, at least. And odds are if you're flying that often, you're flying with the same airline and probably have elite status (so if a flight got rerouted or something and I was delayed, they'd take care of me.)

And if I need a hotel - http://mobile.orbitz.com.
    09-03-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD