Hey guys. Here's a question....

There are mobile applications for viewing charactor details from the MMORPG World of Warcraft (using Blizzard's Armory database ). Applications are available for both the iPhone and Windows Mobile. Why is it that nobody has developed an application for our wonderfull devices??

Am I totally off-base? Is there an application that i missed or couldnt find?
    Last edited by TrinaryOC; 01-25-09 at 02:42 PM.
    01-25-09 11:15 AM
    I didn't know such a thing existed on any mobile platform - but would certainly download if it was on BB!
    01-26-09 06:46 PM
    I know there was work on it for WM and Android. Nothing that i've heard of for BB yet.
    01-26-09 08:27 PM
    does the opera browser and wowarmory.com count

I can pull up profiles
    01-28-09 12:58 AM

I can pull up profiles
    <tries..... holding.... back.....> LOL!!!!! </ tries..... holding.... back.....>

You guys are almost as nerdy as me... teehee. Lemme know if you find a legit app
    01-29-09 10:53 AM
    I know there is one for the Iphone. shrug...
    Last edited by afus1979; 03-01-09 at 05:47 PM.
    02-22-09 06:07 PM
    I would pay for a wow ap : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 06:28 PM
    ill see if i can find it on ppcgeeks or xda, if i do, i'll see if it was java based. if not, you're SOL but i'll link you to the page so you can ask the developer.

--edit--
    I can't find that thread on either site, that's odd, I had it on my mogul...hmmm
    Last edited by psionfenix; 02-22-09 at 10:26 PM.
    02-22-09 10:16 PM

I can pull up profiles
    I do the same thing.

The BOLT browser actually works even better for loading the Armory.

An app would be nice though.
    02-24-09 10:39 AM
    Yeah, I saw it today.... OMG it is sweet. I'm seriously considering getting a Touch now! There are actually 5 different applications related to WoW for the Touch and I-Phone.
    03-11-09 01:13 PM
    Well from what I have read the main app that people are useing on there Iphones is Made by "Rudolf Psenicnik" His web address is

Well I would Post it if I could... But I only have 3 posts so... Might be a bit.

Not sure if there are any smart Java guys out there but im sure that if you base it off his or mabe if enough people ask him. Mabe he will make it for the Blackberry Storm. Thats all the info I have right now. Might be a money maker when i app store goes live.
    03-13-09 02:29 PM
    just found this thread when doing a google for WoW blackberry apps, sorry to dig it up from the past.

In the last few days I have started development on an app for blackberry which queries the armory and returns various bits of info. What would be great is if some people suggest what they would like in the app.

Currently i have it so a user enters a character name and realm, which then queries the armory. What i would like is suggestions on what basic info you feel should be shown straight from this search on a screen, and then what other info would you like to access say from pressing the bb menu button

it will initially be available on the 8900 curve but would make it available for all other models too. May take me a while as i have never played WoW so dont know what info is important to users
    07-08-09 07:41 PM
    Well...the name/realm/battlegroup

Stats that include the basics, then melee/spell crit, damage, hit rating.

If it was possible to pull gear information that would be nice too.

Ummm...PvP ratings, Honor, etc.

Achievements seems a bit far off, but would also be nice.

Since you don't play WoW...it may take quite a few days to get all of what we want. I'd suggest looking at what the iPhone app gives and go from there.
    07-08-09 10:33 PM
    For the alliance

07-09-09 12:03 AM
    thanks camarojones, lots of ideas for me to get on with there.
    It may be quite a while until anything is sorted as im just playing about with this a few evenings a week as I have my main dissertation to do for my masters degree.

As soon as i have something which i feel is suitable for beta i will let you all know
    07-09-09 11:14 AM
    ...what other info would you like to access say from pressing the bb menu button

it will initially be available on the 8900 curve but would make it available for all other models too. May take me a while as i have never played WoW so dont know what info is important to users
    I have an 8300 Curve. I would love to be able to see gear stats and find upgrades. A Talent Tree calculator might be nice too for those long commutes. =)
    But you really should play WoW for at least a couple of months to get a feel for why the armory is important and what information is available.
    07-22-09 04:27 PM
    i dont understand y a mobile app is needed for this if u have to play the game on the comp just look on the computer...
    07-22-09 09:03 PM
    just a quick update.

sorry for delay, not been doing much work on this recently as my masters dissertation is taking up a fair amount of time plus im trying to find a part time job.

anyway, so far i have the first screen which asks to enter char name and realm. currently it just checks the eu servers but will be an easy change to add an option to choose eu or US, will be implementing this in next day or so.

i also have parts of the next screen done, which so far shows char name including and prefix like ambassador etc and any suffixes. it also shows realm, battlegroup and char type and level.

i also have health and mana/energy/rage/runic showing depending on type of char. Just trying to implement talents and professions. This will then be it for this screen.

Planning on having options in the menu then to see base stats, melee, ranged, spell and defense details. Also options for achievements, viewing items and seeing honourable kills etc

not sure if i am going to do talent tree stuff, maybe depending on how well i get on with everything

will keep updated when i have new features included
    07-25-09 08:18 AM
    I almost paid the 200 dollar disconnect fee to get an iphone after I found out that there were no wow armory or wow talent calculator apps for the BB.

The main reason I would like a wow armory app is simply for the talent calculator. I can't tell you how many times I've thought of a really cool way to change my spec, but didn't have a talent calculator to confirm my idea, and by the time I get home the idea has been lost.

There really isn't a need to have the armory portion of it. If your resto druid had 2300 SP when you left your house, your resto druid is going to have 2300 SP when you get home. The only case that I would mobily look up a character is if I met someone that wanted to see my character.

But to make a reliable and useful mobile wow armory you need the following (off the top of my head).

Name, realm, battle group, race, class, level, and guild on the character selection list.

Selecting a character should bring you to a list of their gear, their professions, their main and off-spec (assuming they have dual-spec), and listings of all stat information. Melee, ranged, spell, defense, and base.

Also on this page you need a tab that will open their talent distribution, along with their glyphs.

And one more tab for pvp information. a list of acheivments is, overkill, honestly. Acheivments shouldn't be so important that you need to look them up anywhere.

That is all the basic information you should need. If possible, gear upgrades should be put in, but those can be easily looked up seperately.

My big thing is the talent calculator. I'm no techy, so idk how this all works, but mousing over gear and talents should display the tooltips on the side or something similar if possible.

There's my selfish desires laid in black and white. I hope you (or someone) come out with a good armory app for BB with a talent calculator soon. Good luck with your master's.
    08-23-09 12:46 PM
    I couldn't tell you how thrilled me and my husband would be if we could get a WoW app for our phones. If you or anyone is able to create one you should receive saint-hood. Please keep us informed of any info you can get on this subject. Good luck!!
    09-02-09 10:29 PM
  21. whatwhatwhatwhatwhat wa what's Avatar
    Can't wait.

10-08-09 10:48 AM
    can't wait either
    10-08-09 11:21 AM
    i want this too!!!!!
    10-09-09 07:41 AM
    Any updates on this?? It would be a tasty wee app lol my colleague has it on the iphone and its nice...

Can't wait lol..
    10-09-09 07:48 AM
    yes yes yes

Final write up of my dissertation has been completed and being handed in tomorrow. Just got the demonstration of my app to do, possibly thurs or fri.

After that, I shall be starting work again on this

Sorry for the delay, got to admit Im surprised no one else has created one in the meantime

Will keep you all updated, and hopefully have a beta (maybe more like an alpha!) ready in the next couple of weeks
    10-12-09 12:55 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD