Hello fellow BB users,

I just received and e mail, news letter from World Mate Live in which they described a lot of the new features and upgrades from the previous version.

check it out...

WorldMate Live
    Last edited by oskaru; 02-06-08 at 02:49 PM.
    02-06-08 12:17 PM
    Seems like an outstanding program for the traveler. However, what's it cost? Couldndt find any cost info on the site. Would it be worth the price for the occasional twice yearly traveler. I like the idea a lot.
    Thanks
    02-07-08 09:56 AM
    Seems like an outstanding program for the traveler. However, what's it cost? Couldndt find any cost info on the site. Would it be worth the price for the occasional twice yearly traveler. I like the idea a lot.
    Thanks
    There is a basic which gives you about half of the programs that one could utilize, which is free, one could always upgrade to the Gold package which is $9.95 for month or you can get it for a year which will cost $99.95, again I would recommend this for business travelers who are constantly on the go. Free membership gives you world map, map(which you can view your itinerary items on you BB maps), currency converter, weather, clocks, and my itinerary. There is a special going on in which you pay for a year and you get two months for free in the Gold package.

enjoy!
    02-08-08 01:45 PM
    The news version 2.5.20 is really cool
    09-18-08 04:20 AM
    The new version 2.5.20 is really cool
    09-18-08 04:21 AM
    yeah.... like the style changes big time.
    09-18-08 06:34 PM
    I'm a "gold" user of WM and have been for several months. Basically, this software has saved my hide several times during my travels across the US.

This new upgrade though has forced me to shop for new travel software.

Why?

Not sure what folks find improved about the recent WM update - however I've found several issues.

- small fonts
    - tedious menu navigation
    - frickin' ridiculous UI effects (fade, slide, etc.) that DO NOTHING other than slow down human interface and application function... talk about form over function!
    - heavy resource consumption which speeds up battery drain.

My detailed gripes:

- Screen effects: fades and slides
    Now why the **** would a software vendor slow function down just so that we are forced to wait on UI effects? Very much like Hitchhiker's guide and the spaceship's doors that go, "AAAhhhhh" and "Ooohhhh". So a few folks like waiting for effects - good for them. I simply need to catch my flight. The effects require 2xScotch drinks (or a gimpy slap on a TSA's gimpy face). Deja MS Vista?

- Slider menu with tiny itsy bitsy icons
    These icons look alike... blue and pretty (I'm sure - wear'em as freakin earrings for I care). So... I now need to put on my glasses on to select and run basic functions!!!

- Slider menu with no hot-keys
    The "old way" was to zip to the top-menu and then count down. Well, the slider just goes-and-goes-and-goes. Please describe the benefit here... Designed by an artist - it's beautiful - and it just doesn't help (like a painting or a non-English flight announcement).

I'm sorry... i can go on. But, I'm now at home and feel like ranting about something closer to heart - such as US politics and the upcoming lender bailout.
    09-27-08 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    I think its more for the frequent traveler. If you are traveling for business its great you can put people in your schedule for dinners, lunches etc. You can also book plane tickets and hotel rooms directly from Worldmate. Its a cool app but I wouldnt buy it if I traveled twice a year.
    09-27-08 09:26 AM
    Linkie NO workie, not a good sign!
    09-27-08 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD