Recently I started receiving the error message that I cannot dl 3rd party apps OTA due to "IT policy". Is there a workaround to dl to my desktop and then transfer to my Torch 9800 via desktop software or the like?

I can't even dl updates to previously installed apps when I am prompted to upgrade due to a newer version available
    09-11-10 04:15 PM
    Many apps have desktop install instructions. They vary by app. If you van get the JAD, COD and ALX files you can do it via the DM or BBSAK etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 07:08 PM
    Since it's a corporate phone on BES, I'd be asking my administrator for permission, before mucking around with it. Quick way to loose the phone, and the job.
    09-11-10 07:25 PM
    Ironically, I was able to download 3rd party apps before I upgraded to .214
    09-11-10 08:05 PM
    Many apps have desktop install instructions. They vary by app. If you van get the JAD, COD and ALX files you can do it via the DM or BBSAK etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Could you elaborate on the details of AD, COD and ALX, DM or BBSAK?

I am a newbie at this!
    09-14-10 08:14 PM
    Since it's a corporate phone on BES, I'd be asking my administrator for permission, before mucking around with it. Quick way to loose the phone, and the job.
    I don't think this is a Corporate Phone from the way OP has been talking. Seems like the problem started after an update.
    09-14-10 08:35 PM
    Recently I started receiving the error message that I cannot dl 3rd party apps OTA due to "IT policy". Is there a workaround to dl to my desktop and then transfer to my Torch 9800 via desktop software or the like?

I can't even dl updates to previously installed apps when I am prompted to upgrade due to a newer version available
    I don't think this is a Corporate Phone from the way OP has been talking. Seems like the problem started after an update.
    That can only be because of BES.

chixx, best advice is spend some time reading the How-To section of the forums. In a nutshell, alx is the base for installing pieces of OS, cod are the files alx chaffuers on to the phone, DM is Desktop Manager where you make your backups among other things, and BBSAK is one of a few apps you can use from your PC to manipulate files on your phone. I prefer BlackBerry Master Control Program over BBSAK.

Edit - and jad is the file that launches inatallation of cod files.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 09-14-10 at 10:45 PM.
    09-14-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD