Hey all,

I've got a self hosted WP blog and until recently, I've been able to upload photos within posts from my BB.

What happens now is that the post gets uploaded to the blog just fine, words, tags, titles and all, but the media / photos just shows up as code when you view the blog.

I've tried reinstalling WP, I've tried downgrading from OS6 to OS5, still the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
    03-16-11 09:07 PM
    Hm. That is odd. I use Wordpress too, and the issue I have been having is that when I go to upload a photo to my blog, it doesn't happen. It keeps failing to upload the photo.
    I wonder why we are having so much trouble with Wordpress?
    03-17-11 03:40 AM
    Yep I wonder why all of a sudden it's like this? I used to be able to create superb posts from the BB.

I'm not having much joy on the WP forums after seraching on there. I'll post a q, see what happens.

Can anyone shed any light on our plight?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 09:16 AM
    A new update was issued a couple of days ago (1.4.6.2). Are you using that? I've just started using WP, but haven't tried uploading a photo yet.
    03-17-11 10:36 AM
    I just posted last night with pictures and the entire thing uploaded including the pics. You sure the bigs aren't too big for the blog? Remember the size to upload pics is capped out at 32 mb - granted thats huge but still never know lol
    03-17-11 12:51 PM
    I just posted a picture on my blog as well. Everything worked fine.
    03-17-11 02:34 PM
    Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm running (1.4.6.2), trying all sorts of file sizes from
    small photo captures, 100kb files, all sorts. Nothing's working.

Thing is, it used to. I've got 200 posts on my blog, 25 are from the Crackie - BlackBerry Bloggins | Dom's Surf 'n' Kite Pages

My BlackBerry Bloggins category as you can see.

I just dunno what's up with this? Anyone know any experts in this field I could tap up?
    03-23-11 11:07 AM
    what I did just notice though was that I had started a draft on my pc, then later I opened it up on my phone using 1.4.6.2 and typed the post, saved it and nothing saved. that kinda peeved me - anybody else have that happen?
    03-23-11 01:08 PM
    Here's a link to a problem post of this on my blog:

Problem with BlackBerry Wordpress app – doesn’t show pictures. | Dom's Surf 'n' Kite Pages

I tried to register for the WP help forums but the email containing my password never arrived.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Many thanks.
    04-03-11 01:29 PM
    Did anyone figure this out? I just downloaded Wordpress and I can post text but my photos are not uploading... the are sending data but never show up! It is drivin me! Help if you can... Thanks!
    06-13-11 02:46 PM
    I also have the same issue. When I try to include an image or html tags (bold, italic, etc.) then everything gets jumbled. Missing <'s and >'s create an issue.

Fortunately, even after the new 1.6.1 update, they are aware of the issue.
    WordPress for BlackBerry Version 1.6 Now Available: Dashboard, Quick Photo, Reader

We’re aware of the problems some of you are seeing with photo uploads in WordPress for BlackBerry. This is a problem with RIM and we’re actively working on resolving it with them.
    07-11-12 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD