WordPress for BlackBerry › WordPress for BlackBerry Public Beta

Finally here for all the bloggers. Comments Good and Bad. Seems pretty decent. So far. It is still beta.

Update: It works extremely well. It's not the fastest thing in the world and if your blog title has any ' & or @ in it it shows up as code. Still testing.
    Last edited by oldTimePens; 07-07-09 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Updating status.
    07-07-09 08:34 AM
    Been trying it out on my Bold. Having trouble getting it to actually publish a post. I typed up a post and it's nice that it recognizes when you are trying to insert a hyperlink. But for me it sits there just trying to send the post. After trying twice with it sitting there for 20 minutes or so I canceled it both times.

Anybody else experiencing what I am?
    07-07-09 01:39 PM
    Been trying it out on my Bold. Having trouble getting it to actually publish a post. I typed up a post and it's nice that it recognizes when you are trying to insert a hyperlink. But for me it sits there just trying to send the post. After trying twice with it sitting there for 20 minutes or so I canceled it both times.

Anybody else experiencing what I am?
    I had that as well. When I did my first one it seemed to struggle. i let it go and it seemed to work. Remember its still in beta im sure once they realize the traffic it is consuming they will dedicate more to it. There is a support forum on the bb wp site that has a bug reporting area. might wanna try there
    07-07-09 01:59 PM
    I pulled the picture out of the post and it published within a few seconds: Just-Released Wordpress BlackBerry Beta App
    07-07-09 03:41 PM
    I cannot login at all. I checked everything and it is all correct. All permissions are set to allow.

Any ideas?

Update: I fixed the problem. User error
    Last edited by Venc; 07-07-09 at 04:30 PM.
    07-07-09 04:27 PM
    I cant add a blog. Keep getting "Bad URL, Username or Password"
    07-07-09 05:46 PM
    I cant add a blog. Keep getting "Bad URL, Username or Password"
    Check everything well, I had a simple bitty typo and it kept giving me that problem.

Also make sure that the XML-RP is enabled
    07-07-09 05:49 PM
    Check everything well, I had a simple bitty typo and it kept giving me that problem.

Triple checked. Where is XML-RP?
    07-07-09 05:55 PM
    Triple checked. Where is XML-RP?
    Settings > Writing

I'm just telling you because I just went through it not too long ago. Look about 3 post above LOL
    07-07-09 06:03 PM
    Hot damn! That was it! Thank you.
    07-07-09 06:16 PM
    Is anyone using 2.8 and if so what's your thoughts?
    07-07-09 06:23 PM
    Is anyone using 2.8 and if so what's your thoughts?
    Your welcome. Have you updated? I don't feel like going through the process as my site is just standing by
    07-07-09 06:27 PM
    No, still running 2.7. Might pull the trigger this week end. Going from 2.5 to 2.7 didn't go too smoothly though, so I'm not in a hurry.
    07-07-09 06:34 PM
    No, still running 2.7. Might pull the trigger this week end. Going from 2.5 to 2.7 didn't go too smoothly though, so I'm not in a hurry.
    Umm I might use Dreamhost's update service

I know, I'm so lazy
    07-07-09 07:03 PM
    Just adding, I will probably wait a while longer till 2.8.# is out... It should be soon. Last I checked it was in beta 2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 09:46 PM
    Settings > Writing

I'm just telling you because I just went through it not too long ago. Look about 3 post above LOL
    Venc, your a saviour!!
    Thought for sure it was because I was running 5.0.0.100 on my 8900. Glad I was wrong!
    07-07-09 09:52 PM
    I'm on 2.8 on all my sites. Works great. It's a little snappier than previous versions.
    07-07-09 11:35 PM
    Venc, your a saviour!!
    Thought for sure it was because I was running 5.0.0.100 on my 8900. Glad I was wrong!
    LOL Thanks.

Glad to help
    07-07-09 11:43 PM

Thankfully I already had XML-RP enabled due to setting up Windows Live Writer on my PC a few days ago. Had I not already had that done I would've been lost as **** since I'm so new to WP. Haven't tested the app yet but everything leading up to writing a post looks pretty good/easy to use. I don't see myself using this often (don't get too many visitors, blog is new, etc.) but I'm definitely going to keep it "just in case."

****, said that about twitter and now I'm nearing (or maybe even past?) 3k posts....LOL
    07-08-09 01:31 AM
    I'm test driving this app as well as Wicked from ScreamingToaster. I much prefer the UI of Wicked, whereas this WordPress app has a lot more functionality.

I haven't played much with the xml/xhtml tag completion yet... however one feature I would REALLY like to see incorporated is the ability to assign specific image resizing (you can shrink the image, but I'd like to be able to set exact dimensions). As well I'd like to see options to insert your images into specific points in the post, and options to select alignment, thumbnail etc... Sure you can do it all manually, but the point of remote publishing would be to take the heartache out of it.
    07-08-09 03:38 AM
    Have wordpress.com page so can't change the settings for XML-RP. Not letting me log in. Anyone have any ideas?
    07-08-09 06:31 AM
    Is your blog on a subdomain (i.e www.companyname.com/myblog)?

If so then, like me, it's game over as this app won't work on subdomains.
    07-08-09 07:40 AM

It should, you only have to enable the XML if you host your own blog

EDIT: Did you try with no luck? I don't have it as a subdomain so I haven't tested it (I just saw it was self-hosted and not just a Wordpress blog on their site)

The app is for WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress version 2.5.1 or newer
    For self-hosted WordPress sites, please make sure you have XML-RPC enabled. To confirm, it’s a simple check box in your dashboard under Settings -> Writing
    Last edited by Venc; 07-08-09 at 07:49 AM.
    07-08-09 07:45 AM
    Downloaded this app for my Storm- after a reboot and changing the compatibility mode- it found my blog and all appears to be working fine
    07-08-09 08:01 AM

No it's a wordpress.com address. Will try enabling compatability mode and rebooting and see if that helps.
    07-08-09 03:57 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD