I currently have my own blog hosted through my own personal website with wordpress plugins put on. I want to be able to easily post from my BB without having to type out an email, something similar to the Facebook app for the BB but for the life of me I can't seem to find a single plugin for such, Wordpress makes one for their own site, but I can't seem to get that to work for my own, any suggestions?
    05-19-08 09:12 AM
    anyone know the solution? i want to be able to post from my blackberry also
    11-03-08 11:01 PM
    There are no applications, but there are plugins that give you access via a WAP-like site to make posting easier. Do a quick search on Google - I did it a while back and remember seeing a few.
    11-04-08 06:59 AM
    I would LOVE to be able to do this from my BB!
    11-04-08 07:04 AM
    Hey everyone.
    I found a very cool WP plugin that allows you to easily post from your BB.
    I've tried it and have been using it for a couple of days now and it works perfectly.
    I tried posting a link to the plugin but I am not able to since I don't have enough posts.
    It's called the WPhone and it's located in the WP plugin directory.
    It is supposed to work on multiple mobile browsers but I've only tried it on my trusty BlackBerry.

Good luck!
    02-15-09 08:56 PM
    02-15-09 09:12 PM
    I'm not sure it's a good idea to use it.
    Well as you may have noticed, the official WordPress.app isn’t as full featured as one might have hoped (no comment, plugin, etc. management). This means that WPhone still has some use so I encourage you to leave it installed for the time being, at least as backup.

However due to the other work, real life, and more recently the release of WordPress.app, our interest and motivation for working on WPhone has dwindled. This means I think it’s unlikely you’ll be seeing any other WPhone releases outside of maybe a maintenance release. There is currently no need for one, but if in the future WPhone breaks due to a new version of WordPress, I could see us doing a small update.
    WPhone Not Entirely Deprecated (Yet) at WPhone Admin Plugin

Might mess with your blog in ways you don't want it to. I log into the regular wp-admin with my BlackBerry Browser and it works fine for me. What I would love is a free ftp solution so that I can upload pictures and add them that way. That would be sweet.
    02-15-09 09:14 PM
    It's been pretty good for me so far but there are other plugins in the WP plugin area that are specifically designed to make the admin easily accessible by mobile. I too, would love an FTP extension, but I think these plugins allow for the uploading of images. Hopefully, WP will make their own.

But since the plugin solution was already posted, I'm hoping the others are at least recently updated. It is a bit silly, isn't it?
    For those that use a hosted wordpress blog, there is at least the option of m.wordpress.com
    Last edited by alison wonderland; 02-21-09 at 06:48 AM.
    02-21-09 06:18 AM
    BBmetablog should allow you to post to your Wordpress blog:
    http://www.opencod.org/opencod/ls200...bMetablog.html
    02-21-09 02:31 PM
    I installed WPhone, activated it, went to my Wordpress blog on my BB Browser, made sure I ticked "Use mobile admin interface", entered login credentials, and all I got was a blank browser screen? Anyone else had problems? Are there other plugins, like Mobilepress, that get in the way of WPhone?
    04-02-09 02:42 AM
    Anybody? ^^^^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 08:18 AM
    I've been using Wordpress Mobile Edition to make sure my WP site shows up okay in mobile browsers:

WordPress Mobile Edition 3.0.2 | alexking.org

It does a pretty good job. Maybe a little TOO good though... it actually hides my login and admin link from my main page. As a workaround, I just create a link to mysite/wp-admin and use that whenever I want to update my site. I don't think the plugin works on the back end so this is probably just the BB browser that should get the credit, but I can post to my blog from there without any issue. The dashboard works fine for me whether I'm in page view or column view.

Am I just lucky? I've seriously been considering creating an entirely mobile-friendly theme for my wp siate and creating a mobile version of the site in a different folder, and then building a browser checker into the main page that redirects mobile browsers to the mobile friendly one, but that seems like a lot of work. I can do everything I need to right now, and I know my page is compatible with more mobile browsers this way because the plugin above renders a simple enough version that even less sophisticated phone browsers can handle it. Still, it would be nice if my users could log into the site so they could comment, etc.

EDIT: The site I was talking about above is still using WP 2.6... on my 2.7.1 site the dashboard takes forever to load, and when I click on Add Post, I get the option to change every attribute about the new post but no box for actually writing/editing the post. Perhaps I'll wait a bit to upgrade the main site.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-02-09 at 09:40 AM.
    04-02-09 09:29 AM
    I've tried both BBMetaBlog and BlogLive from http://www dot imoblife dot com/

BBMetaBlog let's me only post 260 characters.
    BlogLive works fine for me (wordpress.org blog with own server).
    Minus for Bloglive it's cost about 18$ but supports also different typs of blogs.

Birger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:14 AM
    just posting to get myself updated i might need one soon
    04-02-09 10:28 AM
    I've been using Wordpress Mobile Edition to make sure my WP site shows up okay in mobile browsers:

WordPress Mobile Edition 3.0.2 | alexking.org
    I use this as well and love it. You can include photos too.

Another suggestions is posterous.com It allows you to email pics and posts to its own website (which you can sync up with your own hosted wordpress domain. I know the original post wasn't interested in emailing it in but I thought this might also be helpful for others who read the thread.

Also there's probably a way to integrate twitter updates as posts (I use it myself but only as an aside) which might be easy to do if you're looking for short comments to put up.
    04-02-09 02:51 PM
    I have always dreamed of updating my web page from my mobile device without having to access my phone�s Web Browser.

I have tried the Wphone installation, but haven't really enjoyed it.
    I never really got going with BBMetaBlog due to connection problems.

There is no beating the convenience of being able to compose a Post from my blackberry.
    Therefore, there has to be a strong call for the development and implementation of a Wordpress client for Blackberry devices.
    04-30-09 09:41 PM
    I just use m.wordpress.com but I would love to get an app for it!!
    05-03-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD