Hi fellow berry addicts!

We're a first-time developer for a new clock app for our beloved Blackberry phones!

Its name is WordClock and it is a unique way of displaying the time by highlighting text phrases within a static alphabet grid.

Text displayed is in 5-minute intervals, with circles on each corner of the screen to show the number of minutes passed until the next interval.

Please have a look at an actual shot of it on my own 9790 phone at 11:09am

It has a very minimalistic and sophisticated look that can transform the phone into a very sleek timepiece, especially when docked on a cradle!

WordClock supports all OS5 and above devices, (except the Pearl and Pearl Flip), and comes in free and paid (USD1.99) versions.

Free version has only the black color theme, whereas the USD1.99 paid version adds on the following features:

1. 6 color themes � Black, Chocolate, Indigo, Maroon, Olive, Oxford and Teal
    2. Automatic running on charging the phone, via cable or dock
    3. Option to keep backlight on
    4. Alarm with snooze function
    5. Option to display the date
    6. Option to display the alarm

Our app's website is: www.berrywordclock.com

Link to Appworld for free version is: Free WordClock Free - Download WordClock Free - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Link to Appworld for paid version is: Buy WordClock - Download WordClock - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Please do check it out!

09-20-12 08:06 PM
    It's very nice indeed. Thanks (y)
    FloGr likes this.
    09-20-12 09:22 PM
    Thank you for the comment
    09-20-12 10:58 PM
    Looks. Awesome and id love to buy, but theres one thing that always disturbes me when it comes to third party clocks:

The phone wont automatically switch to bedside mode, and if it does i have to set it in the bb clock options, resulting in the bb stock clock appears and overlays the third party clock

Is there any way i maybe missed to bypass this?

Its so important to me because i need the bedside mode, especially because it dims out the keypadlight, so annoying...

Tia!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    09-21-12 04:51 PM
    Hi!

Apologies for the delay in reply, due to the time zone difference here!

WordClock will run on top/overlay the blackberry stock clock.

Therefore, the settings for WordClock will always over-ride the settings for the stock clock.

For example, if you set WordClock as:

and your blackberry stock clock as:

What happens, in this example situation, when you charge the phone, is that WordClock's settings will over-ride, and WordClock will run on top of the blackberry stock clock.

In this situation, WordClock will run and the screen AND keypad backlight WILL stay on.

If you prefer to have bedside mode only when you charge your phone at night, the only way to do that is to either

1. completely exit WordClock running in the background (which by default it does for its settings functions to work),

2. or change the Run on Charging settings in WordClock to 'Off'

Hope this answers your queries?

Looks. Awesome and id love to buy, but theres one thing that always disturbes me when it comes to third party clocks:

The phone wont automatically switch to bedside mode, and if it does i have to set it in the bb clock options, resulting in the bb stock clock appears and overlays the third party clock

Is there any way i maybe missed to bypass this?

Its so important to me because i need the bedside mode, especially because it dims out the keypadlight, so annoying...

Tia!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FloGr; 09-21-12 at 08:46 PM.
    09-21-12 08:20 PM
    This is quite a nice looking clock, however the 5 minute interval and dots in the corner is a bit problematic. Can you make it display every minute?
    09-22-12 09:11 AM
    We could, theoretically, but to get all the necessary alphabets to form a phrase for every possible minute into a static alphabet grid.... Well let's just say you would need a magnifying glass to look at your phone to tell the time hahahaha
    09-22-12 10:50 AM
    You could just add the word "about" ..."it is about a quarter to nine".
    09-22-12 05:32 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions! We will keep all that in mind when we roll out our future updates. Hope everyone who downloaded WordClock is enjoying it so far
    09-23-12 07:55 PM
    another one

09-26-12 09:58 PM
    one more for the win

WordClock - bringing sexytime to your phone. FREE & PREMIUM versions!-spread_reflection_9850.jpg
    10-09-12 11:48 PM
    BlackBerry Travel has world clock feature.

Sent from my Curve 8520
    10-10-12 12:48 AM
    Indeed it might have, but this is a WORD clock app, not a world clock.
    10-10-12 12:54 AM
    How do you get to the settings menu for this app?
    10-10-12 09:45 AM
    Hi Raino

The settings, which controls the additional features of the app, is only found in the paid version. The free version will not have any settings options.

The settings can be found when pressing the BB key in the app.

please see the screenshot below for reference

WordClock - bringing sexytime to your phone. FREE & PREMIUM versions!-screen_20121011_00005.jpg
    raino likes this.
    10-10-12 11:07 AM
    hi guys!

less than 2 months after we launched WordClock we have hit almost 5000 downloads of our free version, thank you for the support!

WordClock - bringing sexytime to your phone. FREE & PREMIUM versions!-downloads.jpg
    11-11-12 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD