I just got my bold about two weeks ago and one thing I couldn't stand was that mybattery wouldn't even last a full day. I did everything right like setting my brightness to 10, actually closing apps instead of just the red end call button, etc. And so I came to the conclusion that it had to be an app I installed so I started deleting them to find the problem. Luckily the first app I chose was twitterberry and today I found that my battery eas still around 80 percent when I came back to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 02:50 PM
    A lot of those apps that run in the background will just eat battery life. I seem to recall Twitterberry does drain quite a bit of batt life, but this phenomenon is not limited to just TB. Most of the chat programs (if left running) will drain at a pretty good clip, too. (I believe all of the twitter clients will as well, although I have been able to extend batt life a bit by setting their refresh rate to a larger interval).
    07-31-09 03:08 PM
    I use UberTwitter on my Storm and I don't see a big drain on the battery throughout the day. Could it be something else? A theme maybe?
    07-31-09 03:10 PM
    I noticed that after UberTwitter, my Bold's battery drains a bit faster than without it running. I think it also has to do with how frequent you have it update the timeline.
    07-31-09 03:53 PM
    just dont have the program updating/running in the background. Have it set to close when you exit and not automatically update unless you enter the program
    07-31-09 05:26 PM
    Yeah this is not exclusive to TB. It could happen with any app that you allow to run in the backround.
    i.e a weather app, Viigo, and any twitter app.

So the apps are fine, it's the settings that you choose that will drain the battery and memory.
    07-31-09 06:53 PM
    By the way, twitterberry is soo January 2009 lol.
    Search for Ubertwitter and also sign up for socialscope.net.
    They have many more features and options.
    07-31-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD