I tried using these apps a few times and i cant read any PDFs with it nor can i create any documents but instead it tells me to get premium...so whats the free version really good for if anything??
    07-24-10 05:03 AM
    The Docs to go free apps are primarily for reading Word and Excel files. You can edit exisiting Word and Excel files but you can't create new files.

The free version doesn't have the PDF reader either which is included in the premium version. The Blackberry email system has a PDF viewer which allows you to view PDF files received via email but once you save these files you need to purchase a PDF reader to view them.

What I've done with the Word to Go and Excel to Go is create a blank .doc file and a blank .xls file and I can then open these with the apps, edit them and save them with new names which is a good workaround I think.
    07-24-10 05:54 AM
    Ah thanks alot for clearing that up for me At least iu know its possible to read word files etc. Might be usefull for me after all acually!
    /sol.
    07-24-10 09:34 AM
    Didn't do nothing for me, so deleted it...saved me quite a bit of MB's in the process. Good to know, if you need more memory and don't use it.

If you do, ignore what I said, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 10:28 AM
    hehe thank you anyhow. Havent decided yet if i will keep it or not
    07-25-10 05:17 AM
    DocsToGo as deliverd provides only Word and PowerPoint apps. If you register, which is free, they give you Excel too. Pay money and you get the Create file option and the PDF reader too.

You should register to get Excel. This is worth doing and costs nothing. You will also get a free update.

There is a simple trick to "Create" Word and other DocsToGo files.

Method 1 - PC based
    - Create a blank Word, Excel, PowerPoint file and name it !Blank.
    - Copy these three files to your Media Card.
    - Open these as required in DocsToGo and immediately use the Save As option to save in another filename. This preserves !Blank for future use.
    - Do this as many times as you wish.

Method 2 - BlackBerry based
    - Take any old Word, Excel, PowerPoint file and use Save As to !Blank.
    - Edit out all content from this file.
    - Save it.
    - Use as above.

Naming the file !Blank always brings it to the top of the file list so it is easy to find.
    07-25-10 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD