FreeBBApp's| Free BlackBerry Applications

OrientationLock is a free application that allows you to lock your orientation in most apps.

Slider is a free application that allows you to prevent accidental input when your BlackBerry is not in use. The applications loads on device startup and runs in the background. Slider is tied in with system so that when the backlight turns off Slider will enter the foreground.

Drinks for BlackBerry is a free application for your BlackBrery Smartphone. Drinks will allow you to find various shots for your consumption at the bar. Shots can be added via this website here

i somehow see some paid version of these apps on crackberry :P but i like these versions better.. like even the slider has a slide sound and custom background :P i dunno why i havent seen these apps on this site posted.
    07-14-09 09:24 PM
    Crackberry has these apps. They're just not free..
    07-14-09 09:34 PM
    These apps have been out for a long time.
    07-14-09 09:39 PM
    yea... i know... but these versions are free... the crackberry versions has paid versions for u to have these extra features like auto start when backlight turns off and stuff. and i dont think the crackberry one even has custom background for the slider app.
    07-14-09 09:41 PM
    Nope my app doesn't have customizable bg's yet but here is a list of things it does have that this on doesn't

- Ability to turn on / off lock while on a call
    - Ability to turn off the app if you want
    - Ability to lock the app
    - Much better graphics
    - Smoother sliding slider
    - When this app is launched in landscape mode it only shows part of the app and a white bar on the side

I could go on and on but there is no need =).

The biggeset issue with it that I notice is the fact that you can hit the end key and the app closes. It's not much of a lock if you ask me.
    07-14-09 09:47 PM
    Nope my app doesn't have customizable bg's yet but here is a list of things it does have that this on doesn't

- Ability to turn on / off lock while on a call (well true)
    - Ability to turn off the app if you want (true)
    - Ability to lock the app (true)
    - Much better graphics (not true... i've used both.. its the same.. and this one has click sound :P and it doesnt lock up when i flick around the thingy with my finger like the free version of ur app)
    - Smoother sliding slider (i wouldnt agree >.<)
    - When this app is launched in landscape mode it only shows part of the app and a white bar on the side (true)

I could go on and on but there is no need =).

The biggeset issue with it that I notice is the fact that you can hit the end key and the app closes. It's not much of a lock if you ask me. (not true... it works perfect.. i pressed every button and it doesnt close out)
    so what i'm trying to say is that.. this free app is alot better than the "free" version of ur app.. so.. free vs. free.. this owns :P becuase.. the free verison of urs dont even lock automatically when the backlight goes off. u have to go open the app..
    07-14-09 10:03 PM
    so what i'm trying to say is that.. this free app is alot better than the "free" version of ur app.. so.. free vs. free.. this owns :P becuase.. the free verison of urs dont even lock automatically when the backlight goes off. u have to go open the app..
    Free vs Free I guess that depends on the user.

I personally would rather launch the app from a side key if I knew it was going to keep my phone locked.

After all that is the main purpose for a locking app

I have nothing against the creator or you but to say that the apps are better because they're free isn't always a correct statement
    07-14-09 10:08 PM
    lol i understand free isnt always the solution :P but for people like me who are too young to buy apps needs to search free >.< but hey :P everyone has a different opinion i'll leave it up to the users to decide which to use. the more free options the better
    07-14-09 10:11 PM
    Bartender Pro is definitely much better than this app.

You can:
    -Add your own recipes
    -Comes preloaded with hundreds of recipes
    -Upload your recipes to be included in free updates for everyone
    -Figure out what you can make based on what you have

and I could go on.

I agree with DMG in that something being free vs. something very cheap is not necessarily better.
    07-14-09 10:19 PM
    i like dmg's and epic's games/apps more
    07-14-09 10:23 PM
    you get what you pay for.
    07-14-09 10:28 PM
    The orientation lock works great so far! Thanks! I am thrilled to have this since I can't get the new QL update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 11:13 PM
    ok now all we need is ani over here to tell you why stoptilt is better. i dont do free apps anyway so i dont really care about any of these apps.
    07-14-09 11:30 PM
    Free vs Free I guess that depends on the user.

I personally would rather launch the app from a side key if I knew it was going to keep my phone locked.

After all that is the main purpose for a locking app

I have nothing against the creator or you but to say that the apps are better because they're free isn't always a correct statement
    Just so you guys know, I am the creator of FreeBBapp. I basically make the apps for myself because I don't believe the paid ones are worth it for the most part. That being said I don't neccessarly have the time to work on all 3, well 5 technically.

Now that stop tilt supports reboots, I'd say its worth a Dollar but not 10. I must say dmg your latest release of your app looks very nice, You definitly put a lot of work into it. At the time I quickly threw mine together because I knew I could do backgrounds and plus i prefer my slider over yours. Yours always takes 2 or 3 swipes to get it to work. Unless the latest paid one is different. If the slider worked the same as mine where it catches right away as you slide then I would actually consider buying yours. I definitly think its worth a dollar. Also my slider does lock completely i am not sure why it wasnt working for you. I've never had any complaints....

Bartender pro is just **** imo(sorry). I will be adding updates from the device to drinks in the future but the reality is I work full time and don't have the time to work on my apps.
    Also you can have it predict drinks for you using my bar, add your liqour you have it will tell you what you can make. Also Drinks was started over a year ago.

I do realize how much time and effort it takes to work on these apps and that being said you guys definitly deserve your money and I will always recommend people to pay for the features and work that goes into these apps. Thats why there is paid apps and free apps.
    08-18-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD