We are kinda getting the shaft with google apps because there giving the better apps/features to their own android phones now and not releasing to BB.

Wish that rim would get a little bigger into apps and tweak their bbmaps and a few others, some new stuff would be good too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 03:48 AM
    tweak their bbmaps
    you mean you don't like the baby-vomit pink/green/orange colors in bbmaps?
    01-26-10 04:26 AM
    I think it would be cool. I have often wondered why they aren't doing so.
    01-26-10 08:27 AM
    I think it would be cool. I have often wondered why they aren't doing so.
    two words : face book

01-26-10 08:29 AM
    One word: Mac. Honestly just allow us to change the firmware (Like to 5.0 from Bell) without having to go find a PC.
    01-26-10 10:10 PM
    One word: Mac. Honestly just allow us to change the firmware (Like to 5.0 from Bell) without having to go find a PC.
    this brings up a very interesting point.

Why would RIM want to support Mac products, being Mac is one of their biggest threats on the planet. Not being computer for computer, i know RIM doesn't make computers but i'm talking like the iPhone. And why would Apple want people to be able to use RIM products on their computer. Why not lock down the software, like APPLE alway does and force people to buy a iPhone, if they want to use thier phone and computer together, as one unit like alot of people do with blackberries. Common sense tells you that this will never happen in a simple, easy fashion.

just makes think of the ads for PCs

"Hi, I can play with blackberries. And I'm a PC"

01-27-10 07:18 AM
    1) Have you seen the apps that RIM has made? Facebook? AIM? MySpace?

Although RIM does have the inside scoop on all the API's, they really haven't taken any of these apps to the current level of development. None of them have a modern look, and people complain about them all the time. It's great that they get to take advantage of push technology, but they really haven't put in a strong effort into making these apps with a top notch UI.

2) Have you checked to see how often they have been updated? How about change logs? Incremental updates are fine, but they really haven't put out anything that just jumps out above what it out already.

Their IM apps have incremental changes, but they haven't modernized them to look like BBM5. You can't add avatars to AIM (or have avatars from your address book), system messages sometimes get through.

I think it would be cool if RIM put more effort into their own apps. It just hasn't happened yet.
    01-27-10 07:28 AM
    1) Have you seen the apps that RIM has made? Facebook? AIM? MySpace?

Although RIM does have the inside scoop on all the API's, they really haven't taken any of these apps to the current level of development. None of them have a modern look, and people complain about them all the time. It's great that they get to take advantage of push technology, but they really haven't put in a strong effort into making these apps with a top notch UI.

2) Have you checked to see how often they have been updated? How about change logs? Incremental updates are fine, but they really haven't put out anything that just jumps out above what it out already.

Their IM apps have incremental changes, but they haven't modernized them to look like BBM5. You can't add avatars to AIM (or have avatars from your address book), system messages sometimes get through.

I think it would be cool if RIM put more effort into their own apps. It just hasn't happened yet.
    yes i totally agree.RIM need to put more effort in their app development as well as updating their OS.It looks pretty dated.
    01-27-10 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD