Looking for an application to allow me to print documents from my 9530......HELP!!!!!
    07-16-10 07:17 PM
    Hi there,

Try BreezyPrint - it's the easiest and most flexible print app by far.

You can set it up in about 3 minutes (counting both the BlackBerry app and the required BreezyPrint Windows Client), and once done you can print any email, attachment, photo, etc. in about 10 seconds. BreezyPrint works with basically every printer ever made, so you don't need to deal with wifi settings, IP addresses, bluetooth pairing, etc. And if you run into trouble, our support is awesome too.

I'm a little biased since I'm the founder of the company, but give it a try and I'm sure you'll like it. BreezyPrint is available in app world or at our website, breezyprint.com. It's free to try for 14 days, so check it out!
    07-19-10 10:39 AM
    Don't want to stomp on the founder of a company, but I have been using cortado workplace for free. It supports bluetooth and wi-fi printers, and pretty much any model out there. Check in AppWorld to download it and you can find more info here on it:
    Cloud Printing for BlackBerry & iPhone Incl. File Manager and 1GB Online Storage For Free

I've also used BeamBerry in the past and it worked well, but their customer support wasn't entirely engaging with me. I reached out to them to help make a driver for some copiers my employer sells. Anyway, they never really engaged or reached out and I was hoping to showcase their product to our customers as well. Ohh well, their loss....
    07-19-10 05:28 PM
    I'm curious if there's an app or any way I can use an app to print over my WiFi network at home, which has a WiFi printer connected to it. I've tried the only two apps I've found, and one requires use of a PC in order to print, the other requires I put my documents on some online server but I trust nothing online. I don't understand why I should have to use anything else to do this, the app is all that should be required to give my phone the software needed to print.
    02-19-11 12:04 PM
    I'm curious if there's an app or any way I can use an app to print over my WiFi network at home, which has a WiFi printer connected to it. I've tried the only two apps I've found, and one requires use of a PC in order to print, the other requires I put my documents on some online server but I trust nothing online. I don't understand why I should have to use anything else to do this, the app is all that should be required to give my phone the software needed to print.
    I use Cortado over my network at home. Works great.
    02-19-11 12:12 PM
    I tried that one, doesnt it require an account where ur documents are stored on their servers sumwhere?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 01:54 PM
    I'm with BeyondTheBox on this one - My Blackberry has WiFi, so does my HP Photosmart - they share a common language, so why not send direct to the device direct?
    02-19-11 02:18 PM
    Serious Cha'lie!!!

02-19-11 05:16 PM
    Perhaps my sarscasm wasn't clear enough - I'm asking for what you asked for: an app that'll make the 2 talk, they both have WiFi after all. I don't want to print to a hotspot 5 miles away or send it to somebody's server... Those solutions have their merits but not when you need to quickly print something without using the main computer.
    02-19-11 05:24 PM
    I tried Cortado, but, unfortunately, they don't support my printer. I'd really like to see a non-subscription solution for this.
    02-19-11 08:36 PM
    Perhaps my sarscasm wasn't clear enough - I'm asking for what you asked for: an app that'll make the 2 talk, they both have WiFi after all. I don't want to print to a hotspot 5 miles away or send it to somebody's server... Those solutions have their merits but not when you need to quickly print something without using the main computer.
    We seem to be saying the same thing. Just because my printer is WiFi enabled doesn't mean it can connect straight to my phone, that's what I'm looking for. A way to print to it directly from my phone, without having to rely on some internet server where my sensitive information can be hacked and accessed. I just don't trust anything online.
    02-19-11 10:08 PM
    It appears to me that what's going on is that both are WiFi enabled devices, but they need to connect to a WiFi network, thus neither could connect to each other as neither are a network themselves.
    02-20-11 12:57 AM
    Fixmo Tools v2 now includes wireless printing, amongst a bunch of other things. However I wouldn't expect a straight wifi connection.
    02-20-11 03:27 AM
    Mayb if I had a central server @ home I cud run it off of that? Hmm...

02-20-11 01:18 PM
    That's basically how most of them work anyways. You install the server app on a PC and the bb prints to it as a client

02-20-11 01:35 PM
    Fixmo loosk like the best of the bunch provided you only want to print from home (which most of us do). The Windows App runs all the time on your PC, which is a pian but, I don't see any other way round that.

I do not like the idea of $4.95 per month for occasional use and I really do not like the idea of an external server to store my data upon. This is the main reason I don't use Opera-Mini.
    02-20-11 01:56 PM
    Another vote for Fixmo.
    I use it and its great!
    Of course, you need a pc with the client software but it works.
    02-20-11 06:13 PM
    I found one that sounds like what I'm lookin for. $10, but well worth it if it prints directly...

PriApps Mobile Printing

Anyone used or using? Confirm that it prints direct without needing to load to a PC or use some internet server as intermediate?

02-22-11 11:01 AM
    I don't have a PC, won't install anything to my computers anyway, so the Fixmo is not a viable option. Still curious if anyoneh as experienced the PriApps Mobile Printing...???
    02-24-11 06:03 PM
    I too share the amazement that BB continues to lag behind Android and Apple with usable intuitive apps. I own an Ipod touch 4G and have several printing apps that are very useful...one of which from HP allows me over my personal Wifi network to print directly to my HP printer in seconds, no client, no cloud...just straight to the printer. This app is from HP...I have another one called Print n Share that with pc installed print client I can choose to print via email OR directly to any printer on my Wifi network.

For days I have searched for HP's similar app for BB and to my surprise...nothing! Why? No offense to the owner of Cortado...but I am not interested in sending my sensitive information to a cloud just to print..a photo, a webpage, an email or a document when on other platforms I have a choice. Choice is the key word...this is not to say that an app like Cortado is not useful or a damn good app.

I am not a BB developer, I am not all that savvy in code writing but I use the devices on a daily basis. Its this kind of thing that often makes it challenging to stay with BB platform. My goofy consumer device..Touch 4G has apps available for FREE or low cost to allow me to do what I should be able to do as a built in on my BB, let alone find an app that can provide me the ability to.

Again, this is not an attack on Cortado or any other software firm...it is really a comment I hope someone at RIM is listening to seriously. Make your devices do the obvious...and help, encourage, induce, whatever you have to do to get developers building apps that make using BB's just as fun and productive as other platform/devices. Some may pick this post apart where it is weak..but my main point is...if I were running the ship at RIM...this would have been a no brainer! A business phone that can print to printers of choice whether on corporate or personal networks...cloud or otherwise!
    03-18-11 08:33 AM
    One more voice for Fixmo Tools, and you get other great tools with it as well, including a GREAT undelete feature.
    03-18-11 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD