I just recently switched from Sprint to Verizon and have the Tour. What a difference Verizon is compared to Sprint. I love the fact when Im expecting a important call my phone rings instead of alerting me of a voice mail instead. Coverage is much better. However, I was wondering if anyone has successfully got WLS to work on there Tour. When I download it and install it that works great, I tried to run it and wants me to accept the terms and conditions, when I click on AGREE it pulls up the menu button with more info, and 2 other options. Will not let me past it, when I click on DECLINE same thing. When I press the ENTER button I also have no luck.

Have not seen any postings on the form here about WLS. Any other having problems, or what am I doing wrong.

Thanks,
    Nick
    08-11-09 07:04 PM
    thanks for the help
    08-11-09 07:08 PM
    Try deleting then reinstall. Pay close attention to the part about allowing connections. Make sure you allow all. Then in Options, make sure that you are direct connection: http.

Then configure your gps if needed.

I use it on BB and it works nicely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 07:43 PM
    I downloaded and when i tried to initialize GPS the BB says GPS could not be initialized. When i click retry same thing.
    I allowed all permissions to the app as well. Still no GPS initialization. Is there a work around for this?! I assume it's VZW being lame by locking GPS ...
    Last edited by wryun; 08-11-09 at 10:16 PM.
    08-11-09 10:12 PM
    I assume it's VZW being lame by locking GPS ...
    You know what they say when you assume - especially when you assume incorrectly. If you're on a Tour/Storm, there is nothing stopping you, unless the app requires network info. I have Live Search/Bing installed on VZW WM phones without problem. I have not tried it on a BlackBerry, but I know BlackBerry GPS isn't anything to write home about.

Here's something to look at - make sure your GPS is turned on. If it is, try uninstalling & reinstalling. If still unsuccessful, contact MSN for support.

The only thing "lame" about the VZW GPS issue is all the people who continue to believe Internet BS over reason & logic where it applies to VZW & GPS - or WiFi, for that matter.

08-11-09 10:36 PM
    You know what they say when you assume - especially when you assume incorrectly. If you're on a Tour/Storm, there is nothing stopping you, unless the app requires network info. I have Live Search/Bing installed on VZW WM phones without problem. I have not tried it on a BlackBerry, but I know BlackBerry GPS isn't anything to write home about.

Here's something to look at - make sure your GPS is turned on. If it is, try uninstalling & reinstalling. If still unsuccessful, contact MSN for support.

The only thing "lame" about the VZW GPS issue is all the people who continue to believe Internet BS over reason & logic where it applies to VZW & GPS - or WiFi, for that matter.

You say you have a VZW WM phone and GPS works for you. Great! Not what i am talking about. I am referring to BlackBerry Curve, not a Windows Mobile device ... Your name/title says BlackBerry Genius, how about some help instead of talking down to people.

I have used BB for a long time, and know what i am doing/talking about.
    I had a BB curve using Sprint, and the app worked perfectly!
    When i switched to VZW and tried to use the app with my VZW BB Curve, i am unsuccessful. I have read many threads and comments about VZW GPS that i am sure it is locked, whether it be the GPS itself, or VZW blocking 3rd party apps to use built-in GPS. It's how VZW is. They want you to use VZNav and that only! Greedy and lame i say!

Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by wryun; 08-11-09 at 10:46 PM.
    08-11-09 10:42 PM
    Either way, the reason I likes WLS so much is for the local search function according to GPS location. I have found another way to do so.
    I find current gps location via BBMaps then in BBMaps menu select "poynt from here". This obviously requires Poynt to be installed. You are then led to poynt with your current gps location set as the search point.

08-11-09 11:03 PM
    To actually answer the question:
    You are downloading the correct version (4.7), but the program is expecting you to have a Storm (touchscreen). That is why you cannot select anything. If you download the 4.6.1 version it will allow you to accept the terms, and will function great on the Tour. That's what I did. It works.
    08-19-09 06:22 PM
    You say you have a VZW WM phone and GPS works for you. Great! Not what i am talking about. I am referring to BlackBerry Curve, not a Windows Mobile device ... Your name/title says BlackBerry Genius, how about some help instead of talking down to people.

I have used BB for a long time, and know what i am doing/talking about.
    I had a BB curve using Sprint, and the app worked perfectly!
    When i switched to VZW and tried to use the app with my VZW BB Curve, i am unsuccessful. I have read many threads and comments about VZW GPS that i am sure it is locked, whether it be the GPS itself, or VZW blocking 3rd party apps to use built-in GPS. It's how VZW is. They want you to use VZNav and that only! Greedy and lame i say!

Thanks anyway.

Ya, Twins never helps a single person. He always talks "crazy"
    08-20-09 08:57 AM
    THANKS!!! That's the answer I was looking for. Just installed and working great!!! Again thanks for the help!

Nick

To actually answer the question:
    You are downloading the correct version (4.7), but the program is expecting you to have a Storm (touchscreen). That is why you cannot select anything. If you download the 4.6.1 version it will allow you to accept the terms, and will function great on the Tour. That's what I did. It works.
    08-20-09 10:35 AM
    Either way, the reason I likes WLS so much is for the local search function according to GPS location. I have found another way to do so.
    I find current gps location via BBMaps then in BBMaps menu select "poynt from here". This obviously requires Poynt to be installed. You are then led to poynt with your current gps location set as the search point.

Glad it got fixed. I was about to suggest that maybe it was a version thing... Ive seen that before... now... Ive never had to deal with this WLS app so now I know this too...
    Other apps have had issues similar.
    08-20-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD