So this morning I see the notification for upgrades of yahoo messenger and live messenger. I upgrade tha yahoo and reboot only to find yahoo messenger is gone from my tour. Not a big deal I thought. It may come back with next reboot. So I proceed to upgrade live messenger (yeah, you can call me 'that' now).

Anyhoo, on reboot I see this white screen with a circle and a box inside circle and a slash across it. It says 'Reload softwares 552' underneath it.

The DM won't even 'see' the tour now. Batt pull brings it back to this screen.

I cannot take it in store till evening. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
    Last edited by inphoenix; 10-23-09 at 11:16 AM.
    10-23-09 11:11 AM
    Try and go to this page rimgeeks.com and download this programme BBSAK I had same problem but this programme lets you return to factory setting and more i just let it load operating system on blackberry and got rid of what was causing it not to work
    12-31-09 11:18 AM
    Leave BlackBerry at Reload 552 Screen
    Open Desktop Manager
    Plug BlackBerry into PC (even tho says PIN: None)
    Click Applications
    Find WLM&Yahoo and uncheck it (to remove)
    Click Next to Finish process
    Let your BlackBerry boot back up

i've had 2 Reload Software 552 Errors this week. If you can use DM to remove the app, you won't need to reload your OS and you won't lose any data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 11:39 AM
    You can first try an used bbsak to remove wlm and yahoo from your device, if that doesn't work, wipe and reload...
    12-31-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD