The Windows version of Live Messenger will allow you to send SMS messages to phones. I noticed that with Live Messenger on my phone, since it links into your phonebook, if you bring up the Blackberry menu within Live Messenger, it allows you to Call, SMS Text, or Email the person, if they have an email attached to their name. Has anyone tried this, and will the text message that is sent be charged to my account, or will it go through the data channels like the text messages sent through the Windows version? I don't want to get any surprises on my bill if I try this and it is actually a standard text message. Thanks.
    07-09-09 01:47 PM
    The recipient of the message will get a good old fashioned SMS message, so charges will apply. I'm pretty sure it mentions that on the information page about the feature.

BBs MSN Messenger works over regular data channels (read: it's its own program, doesn't use SMS), so there's no need to setup the "mobile" message forwarding on MSN for your desktop.

[EDIT] Yes, I've used the "send AIM/MSN" feature in contacts, it just opens your IM program.
    07-09-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD