Is anyone else having a hard time getting messenger to sign in? Ever since I did the upgrade, it never wants to log in. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 04:56 PM
    i get error 65 every time or service not enabled for handset, i have a 8900 from tmo
    03-13-09 05:38 PM
    I get that error too and I have an 8320 through T-Mobile.

03-13-09 05:52 PM
    works fine on my vodafone uk bold here
    03-13-09 05:57 PM
    it happens to me also
    03-19-09 11:52 PM
    Same problems here,

First (About a week ago) I couldn't sign in at all, either it was timing our or "there was a problem receiving data from the server."

Now, I can log in, but can only send IM's to one person on my contact list, all others come back with a "there was a problem sending your message, Try again later".

anyone know who's technically responsible for this software, is it developed by RIM or by Microsoft?
    03-20-09 01:14 AM
    was also happening to me too but i'm the trial version of beejive where it combines all the im companies and i love...never have a problem signing in to any of my accounts
    03-20-09 02:23 AM
    I bought BeeJive some time ago due to issues with sign in. Try the trial version of BeeJive and see how it works for you.

03-20-09 06:30 AM
    Works perfectly fine for me on AT&T.
    03-20-09 07:28 AM
    Same problems here,

First (About a week ago) I couldn't sign in at all, either it was timing our or "there was a problem receiving data from the server."

Now, I can log in, but can only send IM's to one person on my contact list, all others come back with a "there was a problem sending your message, Try again later".

anyone know who's technically responsible for this software, is it developed by RIM or by Microsoft?
    Here's the fix for the Bell Mobility folks : HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Possible Windows Live Messenger fix (not for Storm users)

In short it's a mismatch between the application and the service books for it. Not sure about for the other carriers though. Since I've done the workaround, I've had no connection problems at all.
    03-20-09 07:29 AM
    I have fixed it for the T-Mo 89, I'll try to get a How to up later today.
    03-20-09 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD