I'm having an issue connecting to Windows Live Messenger. IF it connects at all it takes several tries. It comes up with "Cannot connect to server" or if it times out it comes up with some other error message. This has been going on for a month or so. Please help!
    01-25-09 09:37 PM
    i can never connect, always server busy
    01-27-09 05:48 PM
    They're punishing you for not choosing WinMo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 05:51 PM
    Thats funny because after I tried it one time and got that same error, I thought the same thing.
    01-27-09 05:54 PM
    I guess the Windows Messenger just sucks.. Probably a memory pig too.
    01-27-09 07:31 PM
    I use it all the time with no problems at all. Don't know what you're doing wrong. I did nothing special it just worked.

01-27-09 10:33 PM
    Why not just use BeeJive? It works on there
    01-27-09 10:43 PM
    For several months now, I cannot log into my Windows Live Messenger using the WLM app, with my @msn.com account. That is the default account where all my messenger contacts are and would prefer not to switch.

For the sake of experiment, I have registered another account @live.ca and the WLM app lets me sign in no problem with that. Additionally I have no issues logging in to my default @msn account with a third party app such as Instango or IM+.

I have tried everything from deleting and re-installing the application to wiping my blackberry and updating the firmware. The message appears regardless if I am using the BIS or wi-fi.

When I try to sign in with WLM app downloaded from Blackberry site, I get a "server busy, try again later" message consistantly now for about 10 weeks.

I have signed in on a PC (just to see what happens) and then tried signing in using Blackberry app. Seconds after I click connect on blackberry, I see the PC notification which advises that I have 'signed in from another computer'. But on Blackberry I still just get the server busy message.

Now running Bold OS4.6.0.216 (my third OS update since this problem started) on Rogers BIS in Canada.

I'm just looking for ideas as to what else I can try. I think I have tried just about everything but cannot get it to work. I was beginning to think it was account related, but I can sign in using other software. Suggestions are appreciated.
    01-27-09 11:14 PM
    Works fine for me everytime... I have full bars 80% of the time though... When I go into my basement, or leave it under my pillow, I get the cannot contact server and other errors. I think its a reception thing..
    01-28-09 12:03 AM
    I wonder if that's true about the reception issue. I have been having issues connecting too just like the poster above. It used to work fine now it never connects. Pretty stupid, but hopefully it's a reception issue. That's the best response I've read yet.
    01-29-09 12:24 PM
    OK guys, this is what I tried recently to get this working again. I typed my complete hotmail address in the login section and chose 'Other' in the drop down menu. That's all I did and it worked.
    ramyk likes this.
    02-01-09 03:43 PM
    I can't connect with the MSM IM client but my msn thru BeeJive does.

02-01-09 04:07 PM
    I haven't ever been able to login on it oh well.
    02-01-09 06:43 PM
    Im wondering if this is a Tmo issue ?
    02-01-09 07:04 PM
    Have you guys tried my solution above? Enter your complete address and select Other from the drop down menu.

02-02-09 08:44 PM
    I tried your "other" solution and it didn't work. My problem which happens more than the Cannot Connect to Serve Error is that it will just stay on the signing in screen forever. Never seems to connect or give me an error. The little MSN guys just spin round and round!

Edit: This is with a full UMA/WiFi connection.
    02-02-09 09:11 PM
    Not just a TMO issue, as I am with Rogers in Canada.

Can't be reception issue. I have tried with full bars. Besides I connect no problems with 3rd party apps like Instango.

The "other" solution was tried and I already had that one in the fail column. Thanks for suggestion though.
    02-03-09 01:52 AM
    I've been having the same issue for a month or so now as well. Pisses me off because I'd use MSN all the time, then one day it just quit working. I don't think it has anything to do with any updates from msn messenger or updated blackberry software.

Sometimes it works perfect fine..but 99% of the time it doesn't. If I delete and reinstall I get the same problem. Constantly just does not sign in. Once and awhile will get a "cannot connet to server" or a "Connetion error 66 problem receiving data from the server" or nothing at all.

Really is getting on my nerves. I don't want to have to download some gay 3rd party application. I want msn messenger to WORK.
    02-03-09 08:24 PM
    After much frustration on trying to get the MSN Messenger to work I finally did some searching for free 3rd party apps and I installed Instango. I have been quite impressed. I like having my Gtalk, MSN, and AIM all in one place. So far so good. And it actually signs into MSN. Weird.
    Last edited by Prafeston; 02-03-09 at 08:49 PM.
    02-03-09 08:46 PM
    ergh... I think I'll have to do the same.

I really want there to be a solution. Why one day would it work and then bam nothing.
    02-03-09 08:59 PM
    I actually really like the layout of the Instango app and the chat bubbles and stuff. It's not a crappy plain looking 3rd party app. It's very well put together. Lots of Options and Editing features.
    02-04-09 12:31 AM
    I use it but for some reason, it doesn't display the pics of the users. Does anyone else experience it? Instango.

02-05-09 05:16 AM
    So... I really did not like the program. ..so i decided to bug T-mobile

I got a reply saying they do NOT support the latest version of MSN Messenger(2.1) that the last version they support is 2.0.46. (which is included in the latest version of device software from tmobile)

I'm going to go ahead and give this a whirl tonight and see if it starts to work.
    My guess is yes...

Crossing my fingers..I'll let you all know.
    02-11-09 02:11 PM
    i did what T-Mo said...

no luck.

but screw them, I just bought a 8900..so ill just wait for that to come and hopefully msn works on it lol
    02-11-09 09:19 PM
    I got similiar issue with my msn app. For me it was because I was signed in on my laptop. Signed off on my PC and it worked just fine. This probably doesn't apply to your problem though.

02-12-09 12:52 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD