Hello everyone.
    I'm in a country where there is no provider that offers the Blackberry Service, but has a lot of Wifi. Yes, a bit contradictory but... whatever.
    The problem at hand:

I have an unlocked Bold with me, and I connect to wifi and everything is peachy. HOWEVER, I am unable to use Windows Live Messenger through Wifi.
    When I try to connect, it won't connect, and when I turn the Mobile Network Off, and just leave the Wifi, it says: "Data Services Unavailable".

Is there any solution to this? My brother got his Windows Live Messenger working on his bold somehow, but he has No clue how.
    I've got the 4.6.0.221 OS on the phone.
    I don't know why this is such a big problem? Symbian OS phones don't have to deal with this, why should we?

HELP me Crackberry Nation, because I have all my non-blackberry friends (that have iPhones and Nokia E51 or E71) making fun of me. :'(
    05-23-09 05:49 AM
    Have you tried turning off all your connections including mobile network, then wait for all connections to drop, then turn on your WIFI ONLY? Only the wifi, mobile signals MUST be still OFF. You should be able to connect. I tried it when I roam abroad to save data charges and it works. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 05:55 AM
    Have you tried turning off all your connections including mobile network, then wait for all connections to drop, then turn on your WIFI ONLY? Only the wifi, mobile signals MUST be still OFF. You should be able to connect. I tried it when I roam abroad to save data charges and it works. Good luck!

Yes I already tried that. I even tried it without a SIM card. Still doesn't work.

05-23-09 06:07 AM
    thought u need to subscribe to bb service in order to use msn messenger?
    05-23-09 06:27 AM
    Turning the wifi on is just a step. You will need to connect to the access point of the place that you are at. In other words you need to connect to SSID that allows you to connect to the internet.

Edit: when you search for wifi connections via manage connections, depending on where you are there should be at least one SSID to connect to and that too has to be a secureless.

Last edited by squish101; 05-23-09 at 10:46 AM.
    05-23-09 10:16 AM
    squish101, your attention to detail is really minimal.

As I have pointed out, I can connect to the internet through wifi = browse the internet with the Hotspot Browser, and I can do anything else with the wifi connection. I can even tag songs with Shazam, with my wifi connection.

Also, if you look at my post above, you can see, that I posted a reply from my blackberry.

The only thing i cannot do is Connect with my Windows Live Messenger.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
    05-24-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD